Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Publisher's copy

An interactive approach to King’s greatest works, The Stephen King Illustrated Companion features a wealth of unseen memorabilia from the author’s desk and insightful text that reads between the lines to uncover King's own compelling biography. Supplemented with rare and previously unpublished ephemera from King’s archives, such as hand-edited manuscript drafts, revealing letters between King and his editor, and personal mementos from his career, this unique companion volume tangibly illuminates the writer's works and life in a way never done before.

Comments

• From the back cover:

Exploring Where Savage Things Grow...

With thousands of horrific pages published since the first lines of Carrie, Stephen King's gripping perennial fiction has earned him the rightful appelation "The Master of Modern Horror." The Stephen King Illustrated Companion takes a critical look at King's most iconic works and reads between the lines to uncover the personal influences and demons as reflected in each monster, epidemic, and depraved character. Unseen family photographs and 16 pieces of previously unpublished ephemera--such as handwritten manuscript notes, typed early drafts, lengthy journal entries, and doodles for King's college newspaper--complete this tangible tour. Packed with fascinating biographical details, literary interpretations, and personal memorabilia, The Stephen King Illustrated Companion is a must-have addition to any true fan's library.
  • Barnes & Noble finally has the correct author page on their web site, but still list the book as being "out of print," when in fact it hasn't yet been published.
  • According to my publisher, the book should be in B&N's warehouses by September 25th, at which point it will be available for order online. It should be in stores with a couple of weeks after that.
  • The B&N page is live again, with a price and a shipping time of 24 hours.