Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

It's here!

I received a huge shipment of 20 copies of the book tonight. We spent an hour going through it cover to cover. I'm immensely pleased with the way it turned out.

Comments

• I got it today and can say only one thing: this book is the best thing Stephen King fan can have in his / her collection :)
  • I appreciate that, though I might suggest that King's novels are the best things a King fan could have in their collection! 8-)
  • Well ;D I prefer this book much more than Tommyknockers for example ;D
  • OK, I'll give you that one. Needful Things, too, maybe!
  • ok, calm down now ;)
  • Bev I got mine today. It is great. You should be proud. Great addition to my KING collection.
  • Thanks -- I am very proud of the book.

One of my friends in NYC said he saw a big display of them at the B&N in Union Square, and it's supposed to be in stock at the store near me, but when I went today the employees couldn't find it.
  • Dude couldn't find it at my B&N today either but I assured him it was brand new! Someone told him to go in back and check and he came out with a pristine copy for me!!

Bev, this book is just astoundingly wonderful! When my husband got home I was showing it off to him and hugging it, lol. The inserts are so amazing. I know they're "just" copies but oh.....to have them and to be able to see and read all of these bits from SK's past as he came up as a writer and to have it all catalogued so well by you....Bravo! This book at this price is such a steal! I feel like I have something so special and I'll treasure it. Thank You!
  • I'm glad to hear that you like it so much. I, too, was impressed by the quality of the reproductions. The signatures on some of the pages look so real!
  • My wife found the book on the shelf at the local B&N

• Right next to Playboy!!

John
  • And right above beer!
  • And the Bible! Of a sort...
  • I got the book through bn.com a while back because the local store in Federal Way, WA--and every other one in driving distance--didn't have it in stock. They finally got it in this week, though, and better late than never, apparently. They have 8 copies of it in a display on its own, on the other side of the Under the Dome display near the front of the store. Visibility = sales!
  • That's great to hear -- and exactly what I was hoping for. I was hoping that The Road to the Dark Tower would get displayed close to the Dark Tower books, too. It was shelved in fiction among the King books for the most part, but this type of arrangement seems ideal to me. I'm hoping the first printing sells out this year!
  • My sales rank just jumped to 138! Another jump like that and I could crack the top 100!
  • I met my goal -- I beat Julia Child!
  • A hop instead of a jump -- down to 134
  • Another little increment to 132
  • A nice display in Michigan -- thanks to my friend Violet:

• This might have helped the spike in sales:

• The Hunt For The Illustrated Stephen King Companion -- a nice anecdote about finding the book on his birthday and his first impressions.
  • Really wanting to see this now! ;)
  • I was so happy to catch you at the Atlanta signing and be able to get this book and have you sign it too!!!

I enjoyed talking with you.

Saturday, after I woke up I immediatly got it out and showed it to my hubby who was very impressed, then I began to read through it. I have to say it was an easy read (I don't always like reading non-fiction it can get dry by some writers) and totally enjoyed all the little tidbits of info within. The copies that were included are just too cool. Read through it completely on Saturday and it was well worth the time. Thanks so much for doing this project and being kind enough to spend time signing them in Atlanta.