Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

February '04

Author: Bev Vincent

Okay, we're a third of the way through the month, so I figured it was time I start a new topic!

To recap: Song of Susannah comes out on June 8th and The Dark Tower on September 21st, King's birthday.

The Road to the Dark Tower will be out in October, although which day has not yet been revealed.

I hope to get a glimpse at the cover art this week and I had my author photo taken this past weekend.

Author: Ratty

So what was the outfit you finally chose for the photo then?

Baywatch?

Sumo?

Please do tell :D

Author: Bev Vincent 208.23.240.1

I'll let the photo speak for itself!

Author: Jolycu 171.75.222.178 1076394084 N N N How about posting several poses and letting us decide for you? ;) :D :~

Author: [b]Bev Vincent

I actually considered doing that...and may still do so if my wife and I can't pick one that we like the best.

Hey Bev, Thanks for sending the pics ;)

I will show them here for others to pick and se which is best.

My Fav

Author: Rache4173

LMAO Ratty! I like the last one as well... what do you think, Bev?

~0

Author: DTUK

Last one definitely :D roflmao

Edited to add: the purple bathing suit er...”suits” ya Bev, lol

Author: CRinVA

Gee Bev, By now most people know you are a guy, but with Ratty's pics I suspect that the whole “hey did you know that Bev Vincent is a woman” thing will balloon out of control! :D

For some reason the movie Alien comes to mind. I keep thinking it looks like my head is erupting from the bodies of these models. Except for the Sumo guy, where I seem to be sprouting from his thoracic cavity.

:)

Author: Jolycu

~0 :D (@) Now, after roflmao, I think the Wonder Woman pose is appropriate because Bev is going to break all sales records, just like a super hero! Although the purple one is awfully cute too! :D

I've decided to go in a slightly different direction with my author photo than what ratty posted. It took some long thought but...

Got the proofs a little while ago, 23 pictures from among which there's probably at least one that is presentable, but I'm going to wait to consult with my wife this evening.

I also just got the first draft of the cover for The Road to the Dark Tower and boy, oh boy, was I blown away by it. I had pictured a scene from near the end of Book VII that I described to my editor last fall but then a couple of days ago I got this sinking feeling that it gave away too much of the story of the end of the series and I desperately hoped that they wouldn't use my suggestion.

They didn't. The cover is really elegant and all of a sudden the book seems real. Tangible. Concrete, even though all I have is a virtual scan. It's not complete yet -- there may be some color adjustments and there's still a blurb to be added, but it gives me a good idea of what it will look like and I am very, very pleased.

Comments

• Author: Darth Pookie

So, when are you going to let us in on these two secrets you're keeping a lid on right now? Next month, perhaps?

Author: DTUK

The Dream is a step closer, Bev :)

D.P. -- I'm waiting for the pertinent publishers to make the announcements first so I don't steal their guns or jump their thunder or mix metaphors.

DT: Yeah, it sure is.

specialty presses? mainstream? :? :? :? :?

:D :D

Definitely one or the other.

Thanks for clearing that up Bev! :D

What would we ever do without that vast sea of information that you continuously share with us!

:)

Originally posted by Darth Pookie

So, when are you going to let us in on these two secrets you're keeping a lid on right now? Next month, perhaps?

The first announcement should be made next week. Stay tuned! Another drop in the sea of information...

I got my second advance payment on Saturday. Two down, one to go, the small reserve advance that is held back until the book is published.

I heard from my editor today that the copyedited manuscript is due back to him on March 8th, so I'll be returning to the book to make my final substantive changes later on next month. After that, any changes or alterations should be fairly minor.

Author: Blaine

Hi Bev,

can you tell when the italian edition of “The road to the Dark Tower” will be published here in Italy?

Thankee sai.

Author: Bev Vincent 192.246.38.120

I don't have a date yet, but I know they are eager to get it out as soon as possible. My agent contacted me yesterday saying they were asking him for a copy of the manuscript so they could get to work on the translation. However, we can't give them the manuscript until I'm finished with the next set of revisions, so I don't think they'll get it until the end of March. Then, I assume it's full speed ahead and they'll get it out as quickly thereafter as humanly possible.

The translator, by the way, will likely be the same person who did Wolves of the Calla. I had some correspondence with him at the time because certain passages -- the Rice Song, primarily -- gave him problems and he knew I'd already read the book so he asked for some assistance.

Author: Blaine

A huge thank you for your information Bev,

it's wonderful to know that the translator of your book will be Tullio Dobner (the italian translator of all DT books and of almost everything King has written).

Ahah, very funny the fact that Tullio had a lot of problems translating The Rice Song...many thanks again.

Long days and pleasent nights Bev.

The Rice Song is written in accented English, almost like an old spiritual, with half-formed words and strange allusions. I wasn't entirely sure what all of it meant -- neither was Eddie in the book!