Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

SALEM’S LOT STUDIES IN THE HORROR FILM

edited March 2014 in General news
Being released by Centipede Press - paperback and limited Hardcover editions.

"This book documents the gestation and production of the film. There are reminiscences from cast and crew, including new and exclusive interviews with Tobe Hooper, David Soul, cinematographer Jules Brenner and producer Richard Kobritz; dozens of images, including many never before published behind-the-scenes production stills; deleted scenes from the original teleplay; foreign posters and artwork inspired by the film; photographs of Ferndale, California, where the exteriors ofSalem’s Lot were filmed; and much, much more.
       The paperback will be shipping around March 15. The hardcover edition will ship around June 15. 

Comments

• Anyone getting/have this?  Thoughts?
  • Amazon.ca has it on pre-order for $35 and free shipping, so I couldn't resist!
  • I reviewed their books on The Exorcist and Carrie in Dead Reckonings #11. The one on The Exorcist is more successful because it represents a large number of voices, whereas the one on Carrie is all written from one perspective, which makes it somewhat biased and monotonic.

I may be participating in a similar book on The Shining sometime down the road.
  • Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed this one turned out well.
  • Since Amazon had this on sale for $35 and free shipping, I took a chance on it.  Book arrived this week and I am very impressed with the quality.  The 300 pages are of thick stock and the book is chuck full of photos - colour + black & white.  Many of which I have never seen before.  

Need to read it before making final determination but early impressions are very positive.  Look for a deeper review of it in one of our upcoming podcasts.