Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

December '03

Author: Bev Vincent

There really hasn't been very much to update of late. I'm mainly waiting to hear back from my editor to see what he thinks of the revised edition I sent him a few weeks ago.

But -- here's a tease -- I'll have some really exciting news to tell you about next month. Sorry I can't provide any hints about it right now, but I think you'll all be as tickled about this as I am.

Right now I'm contemplating my author photo. I'm not a terribly photogenic person and no happier in front of the camera than the main character of Gary Braunbeck's Borderlands 5 character, but I'm going to have to bite the bullet sooner than later and get a professional portrait done.

Author: Ratty

For the portrait, make sure they dont ask you to wear a thong and pose like you seen something off in the distance. They dont usually go down well for author pics.

AND... give us all the news now and stop having us drooling over the keyboards. You know you want to :)

GOWAN!! I dare yea.

I've got stock in the replacement keyboard market, so drool away! You'll never get me to talk, never, never!

Concepts for author photo

artistic, pensive thong look

Author: Jreitan47

Bev -- So your gonna make us form our own ideas in our heads (like a SK intro or original DT short story) as to the “exciting news” and then if they don't meet our expectations we just may be too disappointed and will not buy the book. Hehe...just kidding, Bev! But seriously...tell us now or we'll track you down, tie you up and recite from a Danielle Steele novel until you can't stand it anymore and have to tell us!

Yup, that's exactly what I plan to do!! My tolerance for Ms. Steele is probably greater than you imagine. ;)

Author: Ronin

My bet is on the news being about a Leprechaun Wedding. With that out of the way, I have to comment on the Photo thing. I don't think you should dismiss the thong right at the outset. The thong has done wonderful things for Sumo wrestlers. Maybe if you can bulk up to over 400lbs, you can make that thong work for you.

You should have spoken up sooner -- I've dropped 12 pounds when I should have been adding 220. Maybe next time.

concepts for author photo

Sumo wrestler look

Author: Jreitan47

Perhaps dressed as Roland? Or is that a bit cheesy? :D

I don't think I'll dress up as someone else. My Christmas request was for my wife to use her stylish eye to find something artsy but not overwhelming for me to wear. She's got a much better sense for these sorts of things than I do. I've seen a couple of author pictures lately that have given me some ideas about the direction I'd like to go.

Author: CRinVA

You really do enjoy the tease aspect of all this don't you!

Perhaps just a “T” would do - one that says Who You Staring at? or You Staring at Me - MFer?

Or better yet a T that says I've been to the Tower, and My Fans only got a lousy T(ease)

I'm just taking a foreshadowing queue from Mr. King himself – “and Bev had an exciting announcement about the Road to the Dark Tower, but he was prevented from making it until sometime in January. Meanwhile, death lurked around every corner...”

Comments

• Author: CRinVA

I thought it was “...and those were Bev's last words”

~0

Gotta keep the suspense hanging in there.

Author: eta6

My life is suspence! Seriously, I'm always waiting for something, I can tough it out until January! It really isn't that far away, once I get distracted with visiting friends and family over break.

Author: DTUK

Bev...

Thongs can be a real big booster for book sales, matey, lol

You have to think of the groupies and the %'s you can make by women seeing you in a hot looking thong :D

And why stop there...POSTERS & EBAY!!! an instant millionaire ;)

Author: Tree705

Okay, why would you think people want to see you? Stick the Dallas cheerleaders on that DJ and sales will go sky high!

There was the infamous internet pic of one of the dallas cheerleaders in mid high kick showing more than she wanted to much cheering from the guys on the net :D

THATS a surefire winner.

ok just thinking there, combine the 2. Dallas cheerleaders... thongs.... ohhhhhhhhhhh

Thinks too that you can never go wrong with a Baywatch babe: Erika Eleniak will do lovely :)

You can put her in a bin liner and she'll still be hot, heck she might just melt the liner, lol

Erika Eleniak + Thong = :D

A photo of Erika co-sponsoring your book will do your sales wonders, Bev ;) Just give her a percentage of your book sale profits.

Is sure an agreement can be reached... :)

Author: Fishead

Bev don't listen to these guys you'll end up in the “5 books for a dollar bin” :).

Thanks for all the ideas, guys! I'll give each and every one of them the due consideration they deserve.

Awesome! He put our ideas in some giant, gray crock pot-type of thing, to simmer and refine to a delicious stew... featuring fish and... what are those black things? Langoliers? Balloons?

Author: CRinVA

I think the black round things with the red splotch are bowling balls that Bev dropped on some one's head after he read about their great PR idea! The other black round things with blue or yellow must be bowling balls dropped on cold blooded (blue) idea givers and pus infected (yellow) idea givers!

Perhaps I'll retract my idea and sit back and wait! ~0

I think they are someone's bahoogies that came up with the idea of wearing a thing in the first place. I definitely wouldn’t like to be in THEIR position!

Mind you i like the Erica + thong suggestion.

Originally posted by Ratty

Mind you i like the Erica + thong suggestion.

Can't say I'd mind such a picture myself...perhaps not for my book, though. Anyone got Ms. Elaniak's e-mail addy? :p

Anyone got Ms. Elaniak's e-mail addy?

Yeah, I keep it behind my huge stack of gold bullion and first edition signed Shakespears.

Next best thing to an email addy Bev ;)

http://www.baywatch.com/cast/erika_eleniak/index.html
  • Author: Bev Vincent

Try this: Check out the first one!
  • Author: DTUK

Bev :D ~0 :D (in that order)

What you mean you are going to wear a white leotard, then have a bucket of water poured over you?

Now that is an artistic thought, but if you have both, hairy chest and dark saucer nipples, it don’t do much for many. Think 'Kingpin' and you get my drift.

concepts for author photo

Sumo wrestler look

white leotard

Think 'Kingpin' and you get my drift.

Thanks for that. I have spent the last 7 years repressing the image of Randy Quaid... well you know, and now you have gone and ruined it for me. As a “right back at you” gesture, I would like you to picture that rancid old woman from the beginning of the movie with her cankerous tongue wagging between to fingers in a suggestive manner.

As for the photo, I wish you luck. My serious suggestion is to go with something that isn't fancy, but isn't “fresh” from the hamper. A happy medium between those two should do nicely. Or, maybe you could wear a big purple pimp hat with a peacock feather, then no one would look at the clothes you had on.

That image of the old woman and the tongue on Kingpin should be banned...the innocent minds corrupted forever... :~

Also kind of puts you off s*x...lol - ewww, I have her in me head now ~0

Touché, i now am scared to go under the covers in case she is there waiting for me. That’s alot worse than any scary movie or book!

you guys are scared? My landlady actually reminds me of her. ~0

lol - Ronin

I think the scariest kind of movies for me is the kind where you have really crap actors, crap story, absolutely no connection with anything it has meant to have been adapted from...that scares the heck out of me - the fact that somewhere there is an insane idiot that actually approves these kinds of movies and then they get made and viewed by the general public....now that is scary ~0

Originally posted by DTUK

lol - Ronin

I think the scariest kind of movies for me is the kind where you have really crap actors, crap story, absolutely no connection with anything it has meant to have been adapted from...that scares the heck out of me - the fact that somewhere there is an insane idiot that actually approves these kinds of movies and then they get made and viewed by the general public....now that is scary ~0

Oh you mean practically every movie made in the last 15 years?