Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

King's name has a Ring to it in Gotham

I just realized that it has been a little over a year since I began the journey of bringing King's story Lunch At The Gotham Cafe to the screen. Currently we are in post production working on the sound and ADR. ADR for those that are not familiar with it stands for additional dialogue recording. For instance if a plane was flying overhead during a take the actors would redo the audio in ADR. Also all of the background sounds such as restaurant noise are added in at this time.

In Stephen King's Gotham Cafe one of the characters is Mr. Ring, Steve's attorney. Coincidentally in real life an attorney named Mr. Ring is an associate producer on the film. In Gotham Cafe Mr. Ring's voice is heard over the phone talking to Steve telling him to reschedule the meeting with his wife.

I am thrilled to announce Stephen King has performed an audio cameo performing the role of Mr. Ring. This is the first ever cameo in a Dollar Baby for Stephen and his first audio cameo in film.

I hope you all will come out and see the film when we start screening it. You won't be disappointed.

Turtle Bay

Comments

• Awesome! Congrats on getting King to be involved with the movie.

Any ideas yet on where the short will be shown?
  • JReitan47 wrote: Awesome! Congrats on getting King to be involved with the movie.

Any ideas yet on where the short will be shown?

Thank you so much. It is very exciting to have King and Garris a part of this. I couldn't be happier about the way the film has turned out.

We will have an exclusive red carpet screening in Los Angeles followed by a sizzling celebrity velvet rope afterparty possibly in May although dates can always change as you saw during production :)

This sort of red carpet screening of a short has never been done before to my knowledge.

We will also screen on the film festival circuit Worldwide. Hopefully it will come to a fest near you.

Turtle Bay
  • Congratulations on Steven King's cameo.

So very very cool!
  • TurtleBay wrote:

We will also screen on the film festival circuit Worldwide. Hopefully it will come to a fest near you.

Turtle Bay

Okay in 2006 in the Netherlands ;)