Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

April '05

No fooling! It's official: The Road to the Dark Tower is a Bram Stoker Award nominee!

Comments

• 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
  • Now if I would just get my CD Pubs copy!

I did check tRttDT out from the Library and read a bunch but ran out of time and couldn't renew as there were too many requests for it! Very Cool Bev!
  • Too many requests...music to my ears! Last I heard, it could be another 4-6 weeks for the CD version.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Last I heard, it could be another 4-6 weeks for the CD version.

But excellent news for YOU, Bev!! ;D
  • Mucho congratulations on the nomination, Bev! But...

Bev_Vincent wrote: Too many requests...music to my ears! Last I heard, it could be another 4-6 weeks for the CD version.

....what is up with that? >:(

I wish they would at least send us the trade copies that we're supposed to get with the limited edition - at least we could finally read the darn thing.

Blu
  • I'm waiting on the trade editions to be delivered to me to be signed. I'll whip through 'em the minute I get 'em and send 'em back to CD for shipping.
  • I'm sure you saw my congrats at SKBB Bev... I am totally NOT reading your book until it's in my hands from CD. It's my Stand. :D :D

Lin :)
  • Way to go Bev!! :):):)

• I just noticed this new feature at Amazon:

Amazon.com's Statistically Improbable Phrases, or "SIPs", show you the interesting, distinctive, or unlikely phrases that occur in the text of books in Search Inside the Book. Our computers scan the text of all books in the Search Inside program. If they find a phrase that occurs a large number of times in a particular book relative to how many times it occurs across all Search Inside books, that phrase is a SIP in that book.

The SIP in The Road to the Dark Tower is "scrimshaw turtle"
  • Most fitting, Bev :)
  • Grrr. ANOTHER six weeks still !

I'm sure it will be worth the wait, but jeezum crow.

Actually, kinda like a DT book if you think about it. Years between volumes :)
  • This past weekend, Het Pad Naar de Donkere Toren was published in The Netherlands, my foreign language debut. The Dutch SK fanclub had a big fan fair for the event (oh, yeah, it was also publication day for the Dutch DT7).
  • :)

I wonder if the event will bring some Dutch fans over here to meet :)