Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

May '05

According to Amazon's new text analysis tools:

These are the 100 most frequently used words in this book.

again another beam believes between black book boy calla callahan calls character come crimson dark day death die door doorway down during eddie end even eyes father find first friends get glass go good gunslinger hand himself jake ka kill king knows last later life little long man may men mia might mind mordred must name need new now old once own oy part patrick people perhaps place quest readers road roland rose says see series something stephen still story susannah take tells things thinks though three time tower two use walter want without wizard wolves work world years york

Text Stats

Readability:

Fog Index: 11.6

Flesch Index: 60.5

Flesch-Kincaid Index: 9.4

Complexity:

Complex Words: 11%

Syllables/Word: 1.5

Words/Sentence: 18.5

Number of:

Characters: 742,255

Words: 127,648

Sentences: 6,897

Words/Dollar: 12,551

Words/Ounce: 9,170

Comments

• words per ounce! Now that's a strange statistic!
  • I found this library search engine that tells me of the 300-350 libraries with online catalogs that have Road among their stacks.
  • Late last week, I received a huge shipment of trade paperbacks from Penguin -- seven boxes! These are the ones I have to sign for Cemetery Dance to fill their pre-orders.

So, I spent the weekend opening boxes, signing books and then resealing the boxes to get them ready to send to CD today. One and a half of the boxes had books that needed to be personalized. The rest were just flat signing copies.

Got 'em done yesterday afternoon. Today, it's off to UPS with over 200 lbs of books to ship to Maryland!
  • Woohoo! Getting closer and closer to having this book in my hands...

Blu
  • Aha - I am anxiously waiting too Blu! Its just about time for a new book to read on the nightstand! :) to complement that I started listening to DT I on Cd this morning and will work my way through 144 CDs to get from "The Man in Black ...." and the way to "The Man in Black ...." ;D
  • Is with you guys and eagerly anticipating this book :)
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Late last week, I received a huge shipment of trade paperbacks from Penguin -- seven boxes! These are the ones I have to sign for Cemetery Dance to fill their pre-orders.

So, I spent the weekend opening boxes, signing books and then resealing the boxes to get them ready to send to CD today. One and a half of the boxes had books that needed to be personalized. The rest were just flat signing copies.

Got 'em done yesterday afternoon. Today, it's off to UPS with over 200 lbs of books to ship to Maryland!

Thanks for the update, Bev - can't even begin to wonder how much shipping costs would be for 200lbs of books! :o
  • UPS ground, seven boxes, about $200.00.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: UPS ground, seven boxes, about $200.00.

:o :o :o

(I think the smiley's say it all...)
  • Two foreign updates when I got home today. The first was in the form of a big box containing six copies of the Dutch edition of ROAD. The first printing of this edition was 2500 copies.

Then, in an accompanying letter from my agent, I had the advance from AST, the Russian publisher of ROAD.
  • An international star is born, Bev :)

Great news!

*Dreams made manifest*