Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

June '05

The Dark Delicacies bestseller list for 06/05/05

Paperback Nonfiction

(1) If Chins Could Kill - Bruce Campbell LA Weekly Press

(2) Thackery T. Lambshead's Guide to Eccentric and Discredited Diseases - Vandermeer/Roberts Bantam

(3) H. P. Lovecraft - Michael Houellebecq Believer Books

(4) The Road to the Dark Tower - Bev Vincent NAL

(5) Horror Poster Art - Nourmand/Marsh Avrum

(6) Ghost Stories of Hollywood - Barbara Smith Lone Pine

Comments

• Two thumbs up for number 4! 8)
  • Hi, Bev! Congrats on the bestseller list.

Here I am, re-registering again, because I lost all my usernames & passwords when my computer died a few months ago. You may remember me as starralpha AKA Starrlite over at the Mile (SKBB); and at Monica's page I just used Starr.

The reason I'm here today is because I bought your book yesterday! I'm at Chap. 4 and loving every word. Great cover art--and the recommendation from SK! Must've been a thrill to read that one.

Anyway, since I've been away so long, I no longer know which thread to go to for discussion on The Road to the Dark Tower. Can you point me in the right direction, please? Thanks.

As ever,

Starr
  • Hey, Starr -- welcome back. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying Road. I was thrilled with both the cover when I first saw it (before the blurb) and then the blurb that King offered. It's been a great experience all the way along.

Feel free to continue your discussion of the book in this thread, or start your own if in this area if you have specific topics you want to discuss.
  • Lou_Sytsma wrote: Two thumbs up for number 4! 8)

A big Well Done! for No.4 :)
  • Thanks, Bev. I'll do that.

Haven't had a chance to read it for two

days now; looking forward to it.