Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

NECON

Next weekend is NECON, my favorite conference of the year. It's a place where writers get together, eat hot dogs, play mini golf, roast someone and have an all-round good time for four days.

Oh, yeah -- panels, too. This year, I'm on this panel:

Saturday, 9:00 a.m. THE NICK KAUFMANN MEMORIAL "WHY DO WE HAVE TO HAVE A PANEL THIS EARLY?" PANEL or THE HORROR STARS OF TOMORROW. Moderated as usual by Nick Kaufmann. This year's topic: Novels vs. Short stories--what's the best place to start? Bev Vincent, L.L. Soares, Lucy Snyder, Gary Frank, Sarah Langan. EVERYBODY WHO ATTENDS THIS PANEL WILL RECEIVE A VALUABLE PRIZE!

Comments

• I may be coming, but, Dude!!! I may just be hitting the road at 9am!! ;D

Have fun being up that early!
  • Is it just me... or does that sound like one hell of a good time? ;) Enjoy yourself, Bev!
  • It's not just you -- it IS a hell of a good time. My favorite annual vacation for the past four years.
  • IwannagoIwannagoIwannago >:( :P LOL

Well, be sure to share all the stories with us like you did before... ok, well a few of them. I'm sure the rest of them would be best kept out of print. ;)
  • NECON 2021 is virtual

I'll be on this panel on SATURDAY, JULY 17th

*** ON THE UMASS-LOWELL DIGITAL PLATFORM ***

3:30PM ET — 4:20PM ET — Are You Jekyll or Are You Hyde: The Art of Collaborating with Another Author

We almost filled this panel only with people who had collaborated with Christopher Golden or Jim Moore, but the UMass-Lowell digital platform caps us at twenty participants. 

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS: Stephen Bissette, Kasey Lansdale (M), Izzy Lee, Charles Rutledge, John Skipp, L.L.Soares, Jeff Strand, Bev Vincent

GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • ...I am envious that you get to share virtual space with John Skipp....been following him since the splatterpunk days.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...I am envious that you get to share virtual space with John Skipp....been following him since the splatterpunk days.....
    Skipp is a trip -- I've known him for ages and ages. The first time I met him was at a World Horror Convention in NYC. I was rooming with Brian Keene and got to the hotel very shortly before my first panel. I dashed up to the room to change and there was Skipp, in our room, smoking a joint. That was my introduction to him!
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • ....not to go all fanboy, but I envy you in that Bev....you've been with folks I can only admire from afar-with Steve being the "King" amongst them.....I've rubbed elbows with some well known folk, but aside from you, the lovely Robin and Chadbourne-not a soul from the literary worlds....
    FlakeNoirBevVincentHedda Gabler
  • How’d your panel go? Any takeaways you can share with us?  Bits of information  or silly fun?
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Did Meg participate? (I get that it's all what happens at/stays at... hopefully you won't have to kill us after spilling...)
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Meg who?
    Gardiner.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT
  • No, Meg Gardiner wasn't at NECON.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Did you have fun?
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Did you have fun?
    It was good to reconnect with this gang, and the panel was fun. A pale imitation of the real thing, but it was nice.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler