Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Aeliana - Shining in the Dark

edited April 2018 in Short Stories
My short story Aeliana will appear in Shining in the Dark: Celebrating 20 Years of Lilja's Library

Comments

• Other contributors include:
    Ramsey Campbell, Jack Ketchum, John Ajvide Lindqvist, Clive Barker, Brian Freeman, Rich Chizmar, P.D. Cacek, Brian Keene, Stewart O'Nan, Kevin Quigley.

and some guy named Poe!

And another guy named King.

Edited by Hans-Åke Lilja

ABOUT THE BOOK:
    This anthology includes both original stories like the brand new novella by John Ajvide Lindqvist (Let the Right One In), very rare reprints like "The Blue Air Compressor" (a LONG LOST Stephen King story that has never appeared in any of his collections and hasn't seen print anywhere since 1981), and many more. 13 authors, 12 stories, 6 of them never published before. EDITIONS:
    • Hardcover
    • Limited to just 750 signed and numbered copies
    • Personally signed by the editor and the artist on a unique signature page
    • Printed on 60# acid-free paper
    • Bound in full-cloth with colored head and tail bands
    • Featuring hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
    • Printed and bound with full-color endpapers
    • Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
    • Wrapped in a full-color dust jacket
    • Limited ONE TIME printing of this special edition
    • Retail price just $60!

• edited November 2016
    Congrats!  Seems I'll be reviewing it for the podcast.  B-)
  • edited August 2017
    On November 22th Pleiad Books will publish СИЯНИЕ В МРАКА

My name translates to БЕВ ВИНСЪНТ
  • Can almost see your first name in those letters. The last name is another story.

• edited November 2017
    I'm one of the "molti altri"

The Italian edition of SHINING IN THE DARK will be published in paper edition (Flexible Cover, 300 pages approximately) in March 2018, with limited edition of 800 copies. 

• edited January 2018
    The German edition of Shining in the Dark will be available in hardback in late July in a limited (1,250) signed (by the editor) and numbered edition. You can order your copy here.

Title: Shining in the Dark
    Format: Leather-structure Hardcover with dustjacket, bookmark and stamping
    Edition: Signed (by the editor and numbered
    Price: € 49,99

Four covers so far -- more coming!
  • Enjoyed your story. Could be the jumping off point for a novel!
  • edited January 2018
    The UK Limited edition of Shining in the Dark will be available from SST (Short, Scary Tales) in hardback this summer in a limited (350) signed by the editor and the artist (François Vaillancourt) and numbered edition. This edition will have a different cover and new interior illustrations compared to the previous editions. You can order your edition here.

EDITIONS:
    • Hardcover
    • Limited to only 350 Signed & Numbered copies
    • Personally signed by the editor and artist on a specially designed full-colour signature page
    • Larger 6.14” x 9.21” trim size
    • Printed on 90gsm acid-free paper, with your archive and legacy in mind
    • Bound in full-cloth with coloured head and tail bands
    • Hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine for the ultimate presentation
    • Offset printed and bound with full-colour endpapers
    • Sewn binding for increased durability
    • Stunning dust jacket art & twelve never-before-seen interior illustrations by Francois Vaillancourt
    • Extremely limited ONE-TIME printing of SST Publication's Special Signed Limited Edition—Only 350 copies will be available worldwide.

• Here is François Vaillancourt's illustration for my story in the SST edition:image
    Neesy
  • A Swedish edition of Shining in the Dark (Varsel i Mörket) is being released later this year. It will be financed by a Kickstarter in April and has a release date set for September. It will be in hardback and released in only 666 copies. 
  • A Czech edition was just announce: Osvícení v temnotě. If you can read Czech, you can read more about it here: http://shininginthedarkanthology.com/cz/

• edited March 2018
    Italian edition -- full jacket

• From a review of the Italian edition, machine translated:

From raw reality, the anthology slips into the imaginary world with Aeliana by Bev Vincent, who has as protagonist a mutant girl hunted by the police. In a plot full of action, fits the moving story of an unpredictable bond: the one that is established between the creature and the policewoman who finds her, a duty bound but also moved by an unavoidable maternal instinct.
  • The Kickstarter I’m running to release Shining in the Dark in Sweden just reached 100%. The book will be released in September and the title will be Varsel i Mörkret.

Thank you all who made this possible!

Those of you who haven’t bought the book yet can do that here.

But that is not all. To celebrate this I’m happy to announce that Brian Keene (who has already written An End To All Things for the book) is, as we speak, writing a new short story, so new it dosn’t even have a title yet, that will be included in the Swedish edition of the book. This story will not appear anywhere else until next year...at the earliest.

Copied from Lilja's Library: http://liljas-library.com/ 
  • The Swedish edition will have an introduction by a Swedish author, Helena Dahlgren, it’ll be released in hardback and it’ll have a new and unique cover by artist Vincent Chong.
  • Shining in the Dark will be published in Serbia in 2019 by Vulkan.
  • edited October 2018
    February 5, 2019 Simon & Schuster Audio will release the audio version of Shining in the Dark

• I'm pretty sure he calls my story a highlight -- I believe he liked it!

• Stephen Kozeniewski, who I met recently at KillerCon, provides the following translation:

The 4th story in this anthology is the highlight for me. It’s by Bev Vincent. It’s a fascinating story for me, I can’t think of how else to describe it, a very old feel. It has a very muted, mythological feel. Also the theme is old. It’s about a shapeshifter, not a werewolf, a shapeshifter. She turns into something similar to a cat. Very very good story, very well written. It has a dark atmosphere. Melancholy. A little bit sad. Exciting. Absolutely unique idea, absolutely unique mythology. For me it’s an absolute highlight. I got to thinking who is this Bev Vincent? I asked myself in this first place, “is she a man?” I would’ve thought “Bev” came from “Beverly.” But he is a man, a man who did some work on publishing Stephen King’s The Dark Tower. It was for me the highlight.
  • My story will be read by Madeleine Maby