Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Colorado Kid

2»

Comments

• Paul wrote:

Well when The Green Mile was originally released, its concept also included it being a paperback chapbook. Later it was released as a hardcover. That's the one I have in my collection. Six Stories's stories all made it to Everything's Eventual, in hardcover. I'll undoubtedly pick this up, especially for the low price, but hopefully there's a hardcover edition down the road... Maybe it's just me, but if a book isn't hardcover, it's somehow isn't a real book to me.

Paul  :)

I think Bev's point was more or less to mean that the concept for this book as well as others in the Hard Case Crime series is that it is based on early pulp fiction type novels from way back when which were published in cheap paperback format so by bringing it out in hardcover later would simply defeat the chief purpose of the concept itself.

The Green Mile was never a part of a series or line of books based on a certain concept, it was just a novel idea of SK's or more accurately borned out of a suggestion by his agent Ralph Vicinenza (sp?) and he decided to try it as something new. That makes it relatively free and relevant to be published in a hardcover format by his publisher later on to make it easier for the reading public (not to mention for the marketing division of S&S)  ;).
  • After 14 years, The Colorado Kid returns June 4, 2019 in an illustrated edition.  The Amazon page linked to in the below article says it's still a paperback.

• The Colorado Kid will have a mainstream publication in the UK for the first time next July, by Titan Books.

The Colorado Kid will be published on 2nd July 2019 by Titan's imprint Hard Case Crime in paperback featuring exclusive cover art by Paul Mann, as well as 20 new interior illustrations, retailing at £7.99. 

>>> Source