Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

CD magazine

2»

Comments

• Received my contributor copies last night. I have a Doctor Sleep review, an interview with Charles Ardai and my usual column in this issue.
  • Got my copy yesterday.
  • Issue #71 is an all-fiction issue, so I don't have a column in it; however, I do have a long feature review of Mr. Mercedes.

This special issue features stories by Bentley Little, Simon Clark, Jack Ketchum, Darrell Schweitzer, Blake Crouch, and many others!

There’s also cover artwork by Alan M. Clark and interior artwork by Michael Apice, Glenn Chadbourne, Alan M. Clark, Constantine, GAK, Mark Edward Geyer, Stephen C. Gilberts, Zach McCain, Alex McVey, Keith Minnion, Will Renfro, and Erin S. Wells.

Plus Bev Vincent reviews Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King as a special FEATURE REVIEW!

• Congrats!
  • Issue #72 features the uncollected short story “Summer Thunder” by Stephen King, along with stories by Norman Partridge, Stephen Bacon, Tim Davis, Richard Thomas, and Victorya Chase.

The non-fiction includes “The Zebra Interviews: Rick Hautala, Ronald Kelly, and C. Dean Andersson” by Christopher Fulbright, a look inside the horror boom.

Our usual suspects return with new columns by Bev Vincent, Thomas F. Monteleone, Michael Marano, Ellen Datlow, Ed Gorman, Robert Morrish, and Mark Sieber.

There’s also cover artwork by Stacey Drum and interior artwork by Chris Bankston, Mark Edwar Geyer, Stephen C. Gilberts, Chris Odgers, Shane Smith, and Luke Spooner.

Plus Bev Vincent reviews Revival by Stephen King as a special FEATURE REVIEW!
  • edited March 2016
    I received my contributor copies of Cemetery Dance #73 yesterday. In addition to my regular News from the Dead Zone column, I have two feature reviews: Bazaar of Bad Dreams and Finders Keepers.

Fiction
    "A Devil Inside" by Gerard Houarner
    "Down There" by Keith Minnion
    "The Inconsolable" by Michael Wehunt
    "Citizen Flame" by Nik Houser
    "Voices Without Voices, Words With No Words" by Amanda C. Davis

Features
    "The Rise of Modern Horror Fiction" by Christopher Fulbright

The Usual Suspects
    "Words from the Editor" by Richard Chizmar
    "Stephen King News: From the Dead Zone" by Bev Vincent
    "MediaDrome" by Michael Marano
    "The Mothers and Fathers Italian Association" by Thomas F. Monteleone
    "The Last 10 Books I've Read" by Ellen Datlow
    "Editorial Perspectives" by Don D'Auria
    "Fine Points" by Ed Gorman
    "Horror Drive-In" by Mark Sieber
    "Spotlight on Publishing" by Robert Morrish
    "Cemetery Dance Reviews"

• I have four pieces in the forthcoming Joe Hill special double edition of Cemetery Dance Magazine -- my usual column, two featured reviews and an interview with Hill.
  • edited May 2016
    Hmmm, they should call it the Bev Vincent quadruple special edition instead.  ;)

Look forward to all the goodness coming in this one!
  • I was telling Brian Freeman that back in 2001, I had to wait three months for my first three columns to appear, to have enough professional sales to qualify for membership in the HWA, whereas I have more than enough in this one issue to do so!
  • edited May 2016
    heheh.

How far you have come!
  • Publication Date: October 2016
    Cover Artist: Vincent Chong
    Interior Artists: Jihane Mossalim, Erin Wells, Dan Moran, Glenn Chadbourne, Frankie Washington
    Page Count: 200

A Note from the Publisher:
    This special issue not only features an original, never-before-published novella by Joe Hill, but the issue grew so large that we have to publish it as our FIRST-EVER oversized trade paperback version of the magazine and our first double issue since #17/18 way back in the day! This change is just for this issue, so we can fit all of the amazing content we received. We'll be back to normal with the fall issue. All subscribers to the magazine WILL receive this special issue with your subscription, no additional purchase is required.

Fiction
    "The Rich Are Different" by Lisa Morton
    "Matter" by Josh Malerman
    "Bad Luck" by K.S. Clay
    "Seed" by Erinn L. Kemper
    "Autophagy" by Ray Garton
    "Blue House" by Bruce McAllister
    "The Lazarus Effect" by JG Faherty
    "India Blue" by Glen Hirshberg
    "Eyes Like Poisoned Wells" by Ian Rogers

Features
    Joe Hill's new, never-before-published novella, Snapshot, 1988
    Joe Hill's modified excerpt from The Fireman called "How We Got Out of The Furnace"
    Joe Hill essay by Peter Crowther
    Joe Hill interview conducted by Bev Vincent
    Bev Vincent's Feature Review of The Fireman
    Bev Vincent's Feature Review of End of Watch

The Usual Suspects
    "Cemetery Dance Reviews"

Signed Hardcover Limited Edition
    This extremely affordable hardcover Limited Edition will feature a full-color reproduction of the magazine's front cover right on the binding, beautiful special endpapers, and each copy will be signed by the editor on a unique Limitation Sheet featuring gorgeous COLOR artwork created just for this special edition!
  • Gorgeous cover. Can't wait for it to arrive.
  • Turns out I have five items in this issue:
    1. News from the Dead Zone
    2. Joe Hill interview
    3. The Fireman review
    4. End of Watch review
    5. Pet Sematary historical context essay from Stephen King Revisited

• edited December 2017
    Issue #76 - shipping soon
    Publication Date: December 2017
    Cover Artist: Ray Dillon
    Interior Artists: Chris Bankston, Jill Bauman, Glenn Chadbourne, Steven C. Gilberts, Chad Savage, Shane Smith, Erin S. Wells
    Page Count: 104

imageFiction
    "Black Water Rising" by Danny Rhodes
    "The Handler Has a Talk with Lloyd" by Ray Garton
    "Nemesia's Garden" by Mariano Alonso
    "Stranger to the Living" by Gerard Houarner
    "The Ares Veil" by Jeremy C. Shipp
    "Systems" by Nathaniel Lee
    "The Translation of Aqbar" by Aaron Worth
    "Patchwork Things" by John Hornor Jacobs

Features
    "Return to Castle Rock: An Interview with Stephen King and Richard Chizmar" by Bev Vincent
    "Rosemary at 50: An Introduction" by Peter Straub
    "On Screen Mojo: An Interview with Joe R. Lansdale" by Chris Hallock
    "An Interview with Mike Flanagan" by Bev Vincent
    "Feature Review: Strange Weather by Joe Hill" by David Simms
    "Feature Review: Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King & Owen King" by Bev Vincent

The Usual Suspects
    "Cemetery Dance Reviews"
  • Only four items in this issue! King/Chizmar interview, Flanagan interview, King/King review, News from the Dead Zone column
  • Shipping now!

This issue features fiction by Bill Pronzini, Gerard Houarner, Ralph Robert Moore, Wrath James White, Jason Sechrest, J.P. Hutsell, Terra LeMay, Mark Rigney, and Eric Rickstad.

The special features include "A Conversation with Jack Ketchum" and "Lucky McKee on Collaborating with Jack Ketchum" by Mike Noble, along with "A Chip Off the Old Bloch: An Interview with Sally Francy" by Leigh Blackmore.

Our usual suspects return with new columns by Bev Vincent, Thomas F. Monteleone, Michael Marano, Ellen Datlow, Robert Morrish, and Mark Sieber.

This issue features cover artwork is by Caniglia and interior artwork by Chris Bankston, Glenn Chadbourne, Stacy Drum, Steven C. Gilberts, Will Renfro, Chad Savage, Frankie Washington.

• In this installment of News from the Dead Zone, I’ll tell you a little more about Later, bring you up to date on recent King appearances, let you know  what adaptations you can expect to see soon, which ones are in production, which ones are on the table and which ones have died on the vine. I’ll also give you an early look at Hope and Miracles from Gauntlet Press, which collects the screenplays of The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile, along with tons of ancillary material. Pull up a chair!
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • In this installment of News from the Dead Zone, I’ll tell you a little more about Later, bring you up to date on recent King appearances, let you know  what adaptations you can expect to see soon, which ones are in production, which ones are on the table and which ones have died on the vine. I’ll also give you an early look at Hope and Miracles from Gauntlet Press, which collects the screenplays of The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile, along with tons of ancillary material. Pull up a chair!
    ....a good read, thank ya sir......
    BevVincentFlakeNoirHedda Gablercat
  • Cemetery Dance Magazine issue #78! Artwork by Francois Vaillancourt.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoircatNotaroLou_SytsmaHedda Gabler
  • Today's News from the Dead Zone includes a review of CASTLE ROCK KITCHEN.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaHedda Gabler
  • News from the Dead Zone #232, which includes a review of King On Screen.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • News from the Dead Zone #232, which includes a review of King On Screen.
    Your weather is scary. Can't imagine coping with 110+ temps. Up here in Alberta, we get a day or two of 90 degree temps, a handful of days in the 80s, with the rest of the summer in the high 60 and 70s.

On the flip side, there is the winter....
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler