Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Doctor Sleep: September 24th 2013

Comments

• Great move by King to hire Rocky Wood to proof read his Dr. Sleep story.

Also awesome to have an interview of some significant length instead of the one or paragraph blurbies EW usually runs.

Even more pumped for Dr. Sleep now. 8-)
  • This interview was condensed for the magazine a few issues back. It took up 3 pages and only used about 1/3 of it!
  • Limited edition announced by Cemetery Dance
  • I ordered both the s/l and gift edition. I've heard that the lettered edition sold out in 75 minutes and more than 89% of the s/l are reserved.

John
  • It's definitely grabbing everyone's attention to the point where Joyland seems to have been forgotten.
  • There won't be a limited edition of Joyland (at least not one in advance -- who knows what will happen down the road?), and there won't be more than a handful of review copies sent to key (read: very large, on NY Times scale) markets (I won't be getting one).
  • I'll be looking for one of those advance copies of Joyland. I did manage to get one of The Colorado Kid, so I haven't given up hope.

John
  • 4364775E57686F62646F75010 wrote: there won't be more than a handful of review copies sent to key (read: very large, on NY Times scale) markets (I won't be getting one).

Darn and surprising!
  • I talked to Charles Ardai about it (I interviewed him for CD #70) -- he's very adamant that they contain the story as much as possible leading up to the release.
  • Look very forward to the interview and an interesting position by Mr. Ardai to want to 'contain' the story.
  • Mystery post? ;)

Assume it's supposed to be the U.S. book cover.
  • It is indeed.
  • Thought so because I literally see nothing in your second last post even though I tried a couple of different browsers. I normally use Google Chrome.
  • The mystery deepens.  That link gives me a 403 error - access forbidden.

Not to worry, I have seen the cover elsewhere.  Just pointing out that I cannot see it in this thread.

Opinion seems to be divided on the cover.  I'm undecided.  If the 'smoke' font relates to something in the story that would sway me over.
  • The smoke font definitely relates to something in the story.
  • They must have shifted things around and Chrome was caching it on my browser. I updated with a more recent link.
  • 1631220B023D3A37313A20540 wrote: The smoke font definitely relates to something in the story.
    I am swayed.
  • Will Patton is the narrator for the audiobook version of DOCTOR SLEEP from Simon & Schuster Audio. Patton currently stars in the TNT series Falling Skies. He’s also won two Obie Awards in theater for his performances in Fool of Love and What Did He See.
  • Do you want to be the first UK fan to read Stephen King's DOCTOR SLEEP?

There's only five weeks to go until the publication of Stephen King's new novel DOCTOR SLEEP, and we know that you're all dying to learn what has happened to Danny from THE SHINING.

That's why we're giving you the chance to enter this incredibly exciting competition . . . to be the first fan in the whole of the UK to read DOCTOR SLEEP!

The winner will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement and then have just under 24 hours to read the pages alone in a luxury room in the Langham hotel, London.

Twenty runners up will receive a limited edition A3 poster for DOCTOR SLEEP.

The Langham was frequented by the cream of Victorian society and was immortalised in writing by Conan Doyle using it as the setting for several Sherlock Holmes stories, including “A Scandal in Bohemia” when the central character Count Von Kramm informs Holmes, “you will find me at The Langham, under the name of Count Von Kramm.”

Are you ready?

To enter all you need to do is tell us, in no more than 650 characters, why you think you deserve to be the first UK fan to read DOCTOR SLEEP.

To read the full terms and conditions and submit your entry, click here.
  • [Margaret Atwood] explains she’s been up much of the night reading and thinking about Stephen King’s latest novel, Doctor Sleep, which the New York Times has asked her to review. Hard to imagine Atwood snuggling up with a Stephen King book, but this is a woman who last year co-authored a novel about zombies, The Happy Zombie Sunrise Home, with a young British writer, Naomi Alderman.

>>> Source