Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Get the axe

edited July 2008 in General news
Jack's axe, that is, as part of an auction featuring famous film props.

The axe from The Shining is one of the most famous film props of all time. It was used by Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) to batter down a hotel door in the 1980 film adaptation of Stephen King's novel.

Comments

• I notice they don't list an expected selling price, like many of the other items do. I'll be curious as to how much it goes for.

John
  • Here's the auction page and description:

910. Jack Nicholson "Jack Torrance" prop axe from The Shining. (Warner Bros., 1980) This axe was used in the 1980 Stanley Kubrick film The Shining, starring Jack Nicholson. It was used by Nicholson in the climactic scene where Jack breaks down the bathroom door to try and kill his wife. This particular axe was a stunt axe with a fiberglass axe head to make it safe for swinging and throwing around and ensure the actor did not hurt himself. The axe came from Peter Hancock, propmaster on the film. $5000 - $7000
  • Wow!!

John
  • too rich for my blood! :-)
  • Pretty cool to "window shop" through the various items there, though.

Amazing stuff!!
  • Indeed - lots of cool stuff there. The Christopher Reeve Superman suit is pegged between $60,000 - 80,000!
  • The axe had a closing bid of $25,000 (£12,699).

>>> See the other auction results
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: The axe had a closing bid of $25,000 (£12,699).

:o :o :o :o :o

Insane!
  • Someone must be a HUGE fan of Jack Nicholson!

John
  • jhanic wrote: Someone must be a HUGE fan of Jack Nicholson!

John

Or they have a real axe fetish! :D