Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Website update

I decided to get on the WordPress bandwagon and redid my website using that software. I haven't settled definitely on the theme, but I test drove a few and found I liked three columns better than two, and I like this one's link bar across the top and its clean look.

The "Rorschach" pattern reminds me of inkblots, so it seems vaguely apropos for a writer's site. I've turned on comment moderation for the time being to see how that goes—my web hosting provider recommended it to alleviate spam attacks. I "cheated time" by adding selected back-dated posts to the main page to give it a little depth on launch. I wasn't sure that was going to work, but it did.

There's a link to this message board in the Blogroll (WordPress's name for Links), and I added one to the About section on the far right that should show up on the first screen if you want to get here in a hurry and don't have the MB bookmarked.

Comments

• I thought it was a little absurd that I had 4-1/2 years worth of blog entries hosted on another site (LiveJournal). Yesterday, there was a bit of a panic when some rumors generated that LJ had laid off 70% of its staff. The reality was not so dire, but I decided it was time to glom onto all my years of posts just in case that did happen. Fortunately, there's a very nice interface between LJ and WordPress, so I was able to pull them all into the main part of my web site as if they had been posted there originally in the first place.

It's very cool when things like that work so well!