Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

New King from Subterranean Press

edited November 2008 in General news
New Book Announcements Coming Soon — Stephen King, George R. R. Martin, Neal Stephenson, and More!

Just a quick note that we now have contracts in hand for a number of huge projects in hand, and in the coming weeks we’ll be announcing brand new titles by Stephen King, George R. R. Martin, Neal Stephenson, and quite possibly a surprise or two that will shock everyone.

To stay abreast of everything, please sign up for our mailing list — on the right hand side of this page. Some of these books are certain to disappear quickly.

Comments

• This was just posted on TheDarkTower.com by Bill from Subterranean Press:

Hey all,

Can tell you this. It'll be the only hardcover of this particular book -- at least so far -- limited to 2000 unsigned copies, priced $75, with a bunch of full color interior plates.

More info will be posted to the SubPress site soon.

Best,

Bill

www.subterraneanpress.com

I have no idea which of King's works it could be.

John

• Six Stories? Riding the Bullet? Those are the only two previous works that come to mind. I seriously doubt it's NLR -- too small.
  • Creepshow??

John
  • or the six installments of The Plant? Nightmares in the Sky?
  • Nightmares in the sky was released in hardback.

Lilja
  • Ah yes, no former hardbacks. Then I'm betting on The Plant.
  • I'm betting against The Plant -- I can't see King wanting to stir up that story again!
  • Here's the announcement from Subterranean Press:

Announcing STEPHEN KING GOES TO THE MOVIES

We’re pleased to announce the exclusive hardcover of Stephen King’s new collection, due early in 2009, in which the #1 bestselling author reflects on the filming of five of his most popular short stories. Those movies are The Shawshank Redemption, 1408, Children of the Corn, The Mangler, and Hearts in Atlantis.

Stephen King Goes to the Movies includes an introduction, his personal commentary, and behind-the-scenes insights by Stephen.

The Subterranean Press edition of Stephen King Goes to the Movies is — so far — the only hardcover edition scheduled, and features full-color movie poster illustrations — one for each story — by Vincent Chong.

Our edition will also be smythe-sewn, printed in two colors throughout on 80# Finch paper, making it a perfect volume for your permanent shelf of favorite books.

Limited: 2000 unsigned hardcover copies: $75

Posted on Saturday, November 29th, 2008 at 10:06 am.

John
  • Someone guessed that on tdt.com and as soon as they did, I figured that was what it was going to be. It made the most sense--something current rather than dredging up something old.
  • Special Update, December 8:
    Stephen King has granted readers the chance to be "extras" in their favorite novel or short story, filmed or not. Ever wanted to be listed as an attendee at Carrie's prom, or listed as one of the many who met their fate with a strong case of Captain Trips in The Stand? Here's your chance.

When you order Stephen King Goes to the Movies, you can list yourself as an extra in any published short story or novel, filmed or not. To take advantage of this chance to be listed in a special section at the back of Stephen King Goes to the Movies, just include the title of the movie or story you'd like to appear in in the comments section when checking out. We'll take it from there.

Important note for PayPal users, or those who've already ordered the book: Please drop us an email to "subpress@gmail.com" listing your movie preference, and we'll set your name into the proper movie.

We did something similar for those who ordered copies of Mr. King's The Green Mile, and it proved our most popular promotion ever. As Stephen King Goes to the Movies is, at $75, only half the price of The Green Mile, we expect sales this time around to be even more brisk, so please get your order in soon.

Me? I can't decide between being one of Pennywise's victims, or meeting my fate in Wolves of the Calla.