Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

A Dark Tower movie, of sorts

edited December 2008 in Dark Tower
No, it’s not the long-mooted film version of the Stephen King novel series. Indie moviemaker John Johnson (pictured) has announced plans to shoot his own series of features inspired by the Robert Browning poem “Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came,” which also sparked the King tomes.

With the first installment set to go into production at the end of this year, Johnson’s DARK TOWER franchise will tell a different story of the heroic Roland as he ventures through the realm of nightmares to reach the titular landmark and rescue his lost love. A self-professed fan of the King books and the graphic-novel adaptations, the writer/director says, “I’ve had an obsession with a dark tower in my dreams since I was 5 years old. Guess it is time to face it in the best way I know how.”

Johnson’s credits include SHADOWHUNTERS, SKELETON KEY and the upcoming DECEPTORS (all released on DVD by Brain Damage Films), and he’s also gearing up to shoot a serious remake of Ed Wood’s PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE next year. For more on Johnson and his movies, see the official website of his Darkstone Entertainment here.

>> Source

>> Related article

Comments