Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Kane's Mutiny

edited June 2004 in Short Stories
I finished a new short story this weekend called Kane's Mutiny which I am submitting to an anthology called Fedora III edited by Michael Bracken. Michael invited me to submit something and I kept seeing the deadline get closer and closer and I wasn't sure I was going to pull it off. The story went in a bit of a different direction than I expected when I started it back in March, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. The main character is a bounty hunter named Kane who is on the trail of a high profile drug dealer who fails to show up for his preliminary hearing.

Just because I was invited to submit doesn't mean my story will be accepted. But I'm happy to have completed it, my first story wrapped up since finishing The Road to the Dark Tower and only the second one I've written this year. (The other one was Ever Had One of Those Weeks, which ended up in Borderlands 5.

I got my acceptance letter for Kane's Mutiny this weekend. I don't have a pub date for Fedora III yet but it will be a hardcover anthology from Wildside Press (www.wildside.com) probably at the end of the year or in early '04.

The editor tells me Fedora III will be a Fall 2004 release.

Comments