Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Another new project

Not a novel, but another project that I will say more about once the contracts are signed and I am given permission to announce it. My writing window on this one is very brief--I have to turn the final manuscript in on 2/27/09, but the text is also a comparatively brief: 25-30,000 words. I've had the outline approved and officially started to work on it on Monday morning.

Comments

• Since I'm working on this project both in the morning as usual and in the evenings, which is not usual, I'm making fast progress. Hope I can keep up the pace! I have three (out of twelve) chapters written in first draft.

• Moving right along:

• Congrats! Look forward to when you can talk about this in more detail.

Can you say if it is a fiction piece?
  • It is non-fiction.
  • Finished Chapter 5

• Can't wait to hear more. Your non-fiction - TRTTDT and Storyteller's Unplugged are always great and interesting reading.

• Finished chapters 1, 2, 5, 10 and 11 (out of 12) along with the intro and a handful of sidebars.
  • My my! Writing out of sequence now are we? ;) Someone is feeling their oats. :)

• Chapter 12 is now done, too.
  • A little slower this morning, because I had to do a fair amount of reading to prepare for Chapter 7. I hope to get some more work done this evening.

• I'm almost finished with Chapter 7, but it's proving to be a complex chapter, with a lot of things to fit in.

• Finished Chapter 7 and wrote the first half of Chapter 6. The publisher is working on a press release to send to PW in the coming days. Once that goes out, I'll feel freer to talk more about the project.

• Chapters 1, 2, 5-7 and 10-12 are now finished, along with the introduction and the conclusion, for the most part.

Four more chapters and some sidebars left to go, along with a lot of revision--but I'm still about three weeks ahead of schedule.
  • Decided to go ahead and write Chapter 3 before I send the manuscript fragment in on Friday as my first deliverable. Wrote 1000 words this morning:

• The contract is signed, and the deal was announced in a recent issue of Publisher's Lunch, but it still isn't public, so I'm not going to say anything until my publisher is ready to do so.

I turned in the first fragment of the manuscript on Friday--the editor was delighted to receive nearly 3/4 of the book instead of the contracted 1/3 that was due!

I finished Chapter 4 this weekend, which leave just chapters 8 and 9 left to do this coming week, along with sidebars.

• Made notes for Chapter 8 last night and wrote the first 1400 words of it this morning.

• Rather than finish Chapter 8, I felt inclined to start Chapter 9 this morning!

• Almost done with Chapter 9. By the end of the weekend I should have most of the draft complete.

• Chapter 9 is done. Now I need to finish Chapter 8 and then do some ancillary material.

• Chapter 8 is now done, which means the book itself is essentially finished. I still have to write some of the sidebar material, but I should be able to get most of that finished this weekend. Then it will be time for proofreading!

• I've gone a bit over, but I've got a few sidebars left to write. I plan to provide extras of these so the editors can pick and choose which ones they want to use.
  • A little bit of reformatting to do, but the first draft is essentially done. Yay!