Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Move based on the Dark Tower is OUT NOW!

edited January 2009 in Dark Tower
I dont know if this has been discussed on here yet because I dont vist here often but I just rented a movie from NetFlix called "Six Reason Why".

The only reason I rented it in the first place is because I love watching movies I have never heard of in hopes of finding gems that people just dont know about.

Anyway as soon as I read the DVD sleeve it stated it was a post-apocalyptic western which immediatly made me think of The Dark Tower series.

Anyway this movie has tons of references about the Tower series it's not even funny. The people who made this move had to have read the series and been big fans.of it as well.

The movie opens with a gunslinger type father telling his young son that he has past his training younger than any before him and tells him he must now protect a small town from evil and that it is his destiny to do so. The boy is responsible for spending his life patroling the badlands surrounding this town the badland immediatly made me think of the Waste Lands. Then the father hands his son a sandalwood six shooter. Now that was just too much but there is more.

There were references to Citgo as well. As the man was patroling the bad lands he come upon a old oil producing derick that has spilled oil into a lake which he can no longer drink out of. He makes reference to how the world has moved on and nothing works anymore.

There is a ton of other references to the Tower in this movie but the last one is the major plot of the movies which this guy who is refered to as a gunslinger is searching the badlands for a man in black. So it was that reference that put me over the top.

To all who enjoy western movies with a futuristic twist please rent "Six Reasons Why". I know it is available on NetFlix. I think you will be shocked at the references of the Tower series in this movie.

It is simply a low budget B movie but I actually like it very much.