Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tom Hardy would be perfect to play Roland!!!!!

edited January 2009 in Dark Tower
Ok, Im new here. I have always been a huge fan of the Dark Tower series. I have never seen an actor before, that I thought could actually portray Roland, as he deserves to be portrayed. Keep in mind, I read The Gunslinger for the first time, almost twenty years ago.

I just this week watched a new version of Wuthering Heights on masterpiece theatre, you can go to the PBS website to check it out. The actor playing Heatcliff was Tom Hardy. I was blown away by him, but the Roland connection had'nt quite hit me.

I then did some searches for him online, and the range of characters that this actor has played, is quite impressive. You all, THIS IS THE GUY!

Now by most of the roles you find him in, you are going to say, No way! But take a second look.

Comments

• Welcome to my board, Stormy!

Never heard of him before, but I suspect he's way too young. I think they need to cast someone like the talking baby from those online investment commercials. That way he'll be the right age by the time the movie actually starts production :o!
  • Thanks for the welcome Bev! And I see what you are saying, but if there is an actor out there that could pull it off, this guy can! There is something about his look also, he can look like a teenager, or an old man, and im not exaggerating at all. Look at him in Wuthering Heights, then in these different roles..... Its amazing!

Wuthering Heights-Heatcliff

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/wutheringheights/watch.html

Others:

http://www.freewebs.com/tomhardyfiles/gallery.htm

As he played Heatcliff, he portrays the hard evilness of this character, yet you can still see glimpses of love deep down. Just as I would see Roland. I have never been an "adoring movie star fan" type. But I would die to see this guy play Roland! Please Bev, take a closer look at him, and let me know what you think honestly. I would love to get something going on the net, to get him considered for this role. :'(
  • I think you should reserve your energies for when there's an option, a script and financing, all of which are probably years into the future. Otherwise you're going to end up lobbying for someone when there's no one on the other end to listen.