Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Stephen King on J.K. Rowling, Stephenie Meyer

edited February 2009 in General news
I'm working on my big American Icons cover story on Stephen King today, and it could almost fill up two full issues. King gave me so much good stuff: He's a truly fascinating guy, and he had so many great stories and takes on things. When I flew up to Maine to talk to him in December, we got into a discussion of popular authors vs. the academic elite, a subject he has strong opinions about, and I asked him if his mainstream success over the past 35 years paved the way for the massive careers of Harry Potter creator J.K. Rowling and Twilight author Stephenie Meyer. Click read more for King's feelings about those two as well as some other best-selling authors. And remember to check out my cover story on King in the March 6-8 issue of USA WEEKEND.

>> Lorrie Lynch

Comments

• I don't know what's more entertaining - to read King's honest opinions of his peers, or the comments written below.
  • Yeah, the response has been amusing, to say the least. They've been like flocking to like King's message board, too. Like.
  • It's good to be the King

Stephen King joins USA WEEKEND's honor roll of American Icons. He's so good at what he does -- it's scary.

>>> Interview