Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Writer's Digest: An Epic Conversation on Writing

edited March 2009 in General news
(From Christianity Today)

First it was Felix Unger and Oscar Madison. Then it was Christopher Hitchens and Douglas Wilson ... and Dinesh D'Souza ... and William Lane Craig. Now it is Jerry B. Jenkins and ... Stephen King. The two authors, one specializing on God and the other on the devil, are sharing the cover of the next issue of Writer's Digest.

In his blog, Jerry says the men became friends because they shared the same voice actor, the late Frank Muller, for some of their works. One day out of the blue Jerry received a call from Stephen. Jerry notes:

During the conversation I said, “It may surprise you to know that I’m a reader of yours.” I told Stephen that while I wasn’t into horror fiction, I had read many of his short stories and that The Green Mile was one of my favorite novels.

He said, “It may surprise you to know that I’m a reader of yours.”

Comments

• Lanny F. McKay tells me that one of the King's most interesting quotes was about how he has occasionally enjoyed the collaborative process, "enough so that Peter and I will probably write the third and last Talisman boook in one or two years."
  • Great news on the Talisman followup.

Must admit never heard of Jerry Jenkins.
  • He's the co-author, with Tim Lehane, of the Left Behind series.
  • Jenkins writes about the article and meeting King on his blog. Has a photo of him with King from a few years back.
  • Lilja pulled this quote from an upcoming interview with Peter Straub:

Cemetery Dance: Are you going to do a third book with Stephen King?

Peter Straub: We plan to. We were going to start right about now, but King got sidetracked by a Broadway musical that he was writing with John Mellencamp. So that's been taking shape. And I think they were having out-of-town tryouts this autumn. Then we'll see what happens. But at some point we'll get back to it, because we have to. It's like two-thirds of a long, long story, and the other part really should be done.