Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Table of Contents

Introduction: Mr. Horror USA

Chapter 1: The Early Years

Chapter 2: Room 217—The Shining

Chapter 3: The Walkin’ Dude—The Stand

Chapter 4: Welcome to Castle Rock—The Dead Zone

Chapter 5: Sometimes Dead Is Better—Pet Sematary

Chapter 6: Pennywise Lives—It

Chapter 7: Number One Fan—Misery

Chapter 8: The Night Journey—The Green Mile

Chapter 9: Things That Go Bump—Bag of Bones

Chapter 10: The Accident

Chapter 11: More Worlds Than These—The Dark Tower series

Chapter 12: The Thing with the Endless Piebald Side—Lisey’s Story

Conclusion

Comments

• The concept here is that the book is a reader's companion. Since I couldn't cover King's entire career, I picked titles that were distributed across his career and were also among the more popular books, the ones that the average reader would be sure to know. However, I also picked books that had a significant biographical context. So, each book chapter is essentially partly about where King was in his life at the time he was working on the book and partly about how that might be seen to play out in the story. Biography through literary analysis.

The photo and documents researcher went after material that ties in well with my text.

Each chapter has two, three or more sidebars, self-contained items that relate to the text, though sometimes only marginally. Barnes and Noble loves sidebars!
  • Looks excellent.
  • Here's the next teaser. Among the rarities included in the book: First draft typescript pages with handwritten notes, including (but not limited to) pages from The Gunslinger, The Stand, Pet Sematary and The Dead Zone