Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Behold!

Comments

• I am so glad I got my copy while they still did the loose inserts.  I am really bummed they changed the format on this in later editions as I would've bought a couple more to give as gifts.
    Sundrop
  • Never saw that one before, another one to put on my list.
  • Notaro said:
    Never saw that one before, another one to put on my list.
    If you can, try to get the one with the loose items inserted into pockets.  It is way cooler than the one where everything is printed on the pages. Although, if that is the only one you can get, it's still a fun book.  

But, just having the loose items that you pull out of a pocket to look at adds a different feel to the whole project and is very satisfying.  
    Sundrop
  • Sooo gutted not to have gotten this, it's beautiful. 
    Sundrop
  • My pride and joy -- I had so much fun working on that project and was thrilled by how it turned out and how well it was received.
    Sundrop
  • My pride and joy -- I had so much fun working on that project and was thrilled by how it turned out and how well it was received.
    Do you have any say on future printings bringing back all those inserts?
  • I don't know -- the people who produced the book have to convince Barnes & Noble to order another batch. I prod them every now and then to see if there's interest, but it's been a while since I've heard from them.
  • ....I had wanted the one with the inserts, but waited to long-so if you're prodding pays off Bev, I won't dawdle this time....
    Sundrop
  • I absolutely think people would jump all over this.  I know it sold well.  But I don't think people realized what it was.  I think some just thought it was another biography on Stephen King and didn't investigate or pay attention, because they live under the worm who lives under the rock.  What treasures it held! One of my favorite books about Stephen.   I honestly don't think some people realized what it was.

I'm telling you, if they were to give another printing WITH the original insert format, I would buy more copies.  
    Sundrop
  • I would absolutely be in, it's a treasure that I just couldn't afford back then. Please give me a heads-up if it comes back into print, Bev? 
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • I love my copy.  I bought it from Bev in Atlanta, right out of the trunk of someone's car.
    Good times, good times!   :D
    GNTLGNTBevVincentHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • A treasure of a book. Love mine.
    GNTLGNTSundropHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Sundrop said:
    I love my copy.  I bought it from Bev in Atlanta, right out of the trunk of someone's car.
    I believe that was Dave Hinchberger's car -- from Overlook Connection.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymanNotaroSundropGNTLGNT
  • Sundrop said:
    I love my copy.  I bought it from Bev in Atlanta, right out of the trunk of someone's car.
    Yes, now that you mention it, It was Dave's car.  I think may have been there joking about it.  I went through the line with you at the Under the Dome signing, followed you to the car, and bought your book. You even signed it for me.  I remember being behind you when SK signed your book. He looked up and said "hey, Bev", and I was like, Dang!  He knows Stephen King! You were also so much fun while we were all waiting, and kept our section of the line well entertained.  It made the wait seem shorter, and I felt like I made new friends.  
    Hedda GablerNotarospideymanFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Sundrop said:
    Sundrop said:
    Yes, now that you mention it, It was Dave's car.  I think may have been there joking about it.  I went through the line with you at the Under the Dome signing, followed you to the car, and bought your book. You even signed it for me.  I remember being behind you when SK signed your book. He looked up and said "hey, Bev", and I was like, Dang!  He knows Stephen King! You were also so much fun while we were all waiting, and kept our section of the line well entertained.  It made the wait seem shorter, and I felt like I made new friends.  
    Oh yeah......the reason I followed you to the car for the book is because there were only two copies on the shelf at B&N and they were both dinged pretty badly.
    That, and I thought how cool is it to buy Bev's book out of the trunk of a car?!  :D
    Hedda GablerNotarospideymanFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • That was a pleasant evening, hanging out with everyone in line.

I had done a social media thing for UNDER THE DOME where I created a blog and a twitter account and posted as Scarecrow Joe leading up to the book's release. That was a ton of fun. I had spoken to Steve earlier in the day, so he knew I was in town, but he was head down signing when I approached so I said, "Just make it out to Scarecrow Joe!"

I've known Dave for decades. I used to buy books from him when I was still living in Canada. He's such a great guy -- so much fun. Big, blustery, cheerful. The books always came wrapped in Fruit of the Looms plastic bags!
    Hedda GablerspideymanNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirSundrop