Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Crate in Shivers VI

edited August 2010 in General news
Shivers VI weighs in at 410 pages and contains more than 110,000 words from today's most popular authors of horror and suspense including Stephen King, Peter Straub, Al Sarrantonio, Jay Bonansinga, Lisa Tuttle, David B. Silva, Melanie Tem, Brian Hodge, Brian Keene, Alan Peter Ryan, Blake Crouch and Jack Kilborn, Bev Vincent, Brian James Freeman, Norman Prentiss, and many others.

Two of the longest pieces are a long lost novella, "The Crate" by Stephen King, which was only published once and hasn't been in print in more than three decades, and "A Special Place: The Heart of A Dark Matter" by Peter Straub, a novella that is "creepy to the core" and "shines a terrible light on the backstory of Straub's acclaimed A Dark Matter" according to the coveted Starred Review from Publishers Weekly.

>>> Cemetery Dance page

Comments

• I don't consider King's The Crate to be "long-lost". It's been reprinted in a number of anthologies, just not in one of King's collections.

John
  • The only ones I'm aware of are Arbor House Treasury of Horror & The Supernatural and Great Tales of Horror & The Supernatural, both about 30 years old (geez...was 1980 really 30 years ago?!)
  • I researched those titles and found (1) they appear to be the same book, issued in 1981 and 1985--and 1991 under still another name--and (2) my library had it, so now I have a copy. Thanks, Bev!
  • The Limited Edition of SHIVERS VI is 95% sold out!