Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Two paintings from DT7

edited June 2004 in Dark Tower

Comments

• Oh, my. Those are beautiful!

I'm happy to see Whelan back.

Wow.
  • I had alway pictured Flagg/Walter/Martin as having dark hair, but this picture is GREAT!

Long live Whelan!!

John
  • WOW!!! All hail Mr. Whelan!!!

Absolutely awesome Walter/Marten/Flagg...whoever he/it is  and the second painting: Roland surrounded by 19 made of twigs while he is trying to find...what? The Tower of course!!!

All my appreciation.
  • I couldn't resist a peek (me bad 8)) they are beautiful pieces of art, though I must say Flagg looks nothing like I imagined him :o unless he has changed his appearance for the final volume perhaps.
  • Didn't notice the 19 in the trees. Good eye!

And is it just me, or does Flagg look like David Warner?
  • Cannot Flagg look like whomever he desires?
  • Just wonderful. Whelan is great at combining a literal interpretation of events with a dash of abstract symbolism. Looks like he's done that here, too.

Did you notice that the endpaper illustration is shown in colour (in part) on the cover of the DT Concordance Vol II? :o

HBJ
  • RJ_Sevin wrote: Didn't notice the 19 in the trees. Good eye!

And is it just me, or does Flagg look like David Warner?

That's who it is! RJ, that's been bugging me ever since I saw the face, wondering who it reminded me off.

You pinned it matey! :) David Warner.

Mind you Flagg imo should look like Jamey Sheridan, but we all have our preferences and Michael Whelan makes the face look so alive.

:)
  • I can see David Warner, but the first person I thought of was Commander Data.

Sorry, it's the nose, I think. I'll just go on picturing Jamey Sheridan, thank you very much. :)
  • LauraK wrote:

Sorry, it's the nose, I think. I'll just go on picturing Jamey Sheridan, thank you very much.  :)

Me too :)
  • what does the whole 19 thing mean? I'm in the middle of book IV. Sorry I'm a little behind :) what book does it start to show up in? :P
  • thats amusing he has a "CK" button for Crimson King. LOL
  • Iluvthestand: the number "19" is a mysterious DT number that is hard to define right now, but at the front of each book there should be a page with just a 19 on it and throughout the story, primarily DT 5 & 6, there are alot of 19 goings-on, and when something hits the fan...it's gone the way of 19.

I won't spoil anything for you, but the later volumes enhance the number 19 alot.

Welcome to the board, btw :)
  • iluvthestand wrote: what does the whole 19 thing mean? I'm in the middle of book IV. Sorry I'm a little behind :) what book does it start to show up in? :P

Hi. Welcome to the board. If you haven't already, make sure to read the Revised Gunslinger too. All I'll say is there is some good 19 stuff in there and SK writes about it a little in the prologue.
  • ok i 'll have to check out the revised version and 5 and 6 of course. thanks guys!
  • real nice shot of eddie dean :o
  • Eddie Dean? What Eddie Dean?? Did i miss something Fisherman pal ???