Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Pet Sematary remake news

2»

Comments

• why?

My sentimental favorite will always be the first one. But, I felt the second one was better.  That ending was as chilling as they come.  Haunted me.

So many things to adapt, why another Pet Sematary?  

I love to see creativity and I love to see people's visions on his work.  So different.  But, I'm getting old.  Quit revisiting and be sparked by something that has never been done and can completely be an original vision aside from the writing.
    ...damn straight!!....if I wanted re-treads I'd go to a tire shop.....
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gabler
  • Deejers, you're not getting old, you're getting wise!! Remember that.
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • These remakes and sequels and prequels are unavoidable I guess, I think the rule of thumb is if something makes over three times its budget it's pushed into sequel territory, the last Pet Sematary made a fairly hefty profit so they'll just keep trying to milk it for all they can. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNT
  • edited June 2021
    What? Wait. He’s a kid.  He can’t be Jud. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • What? Wait. He’s a kid.  He can’t be Jud. 
    It's being billed as a prequel, so I'm betting we're going to get the story of Timmy Batterman.
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I'm guessing it's prequel territory, maybe a full retelling of the Timmy Bateman story? 
    BevVincentKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Jackson White Actor Age Height Net Worth Bio Wiki - Explore Celeb....ayuh, prequel Jud...right spin on acting technique, he'll do well....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Ahhhh, that makes sense.   I didn't have time to read.  Shut up and read, right?
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Mare of Easttown actor Jack Mulhern and Forrest Goodluck, who is known for starring opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in The Revenant, have joined the untitled feature, along with Big Sky actress Natalie Alyn Lind and newcomer Isabella Star LaBlanc.
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ‘Jackie Brown’ Icon Pam Grier Joins Cast of ‘Pet Sematary’ Prequel

>>> Source
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ...Pam Grier is awesome opossum!....

As Pam Grier celebrates 70 she finds peace off the grid - ABC News

Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Samantha Mathis ('Salem's Lot) and Henry Thomas (The End of the Whole Mess) have joined the cast.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenwillowlove
  • The Pet Sematary prequel has now cast a double amputee named John W. Lawson in a role not originally scripted to be an amputee.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ....hopefully this helps blow open the door of inclusivity across the film industry....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • The prequel stars David Duchovny, Pam Grier, Henry Thomas, Samantha Mathis, Jackson White, Jack Mulhern and Forrest Goodluck.

Jackson White has been cast as a younger Crandall, so we do know the character is in the film. 

>> Source
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Is there anything else that you're working on right now, that you can talk about?

DUCHOVNY: I just finished a movie called The Estate, with Toni Collette, Anna Faris, Rosemarie DeWitt, and Ron Livingston. I think it's really funny. And Keyla Monterroso, who was in Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's just terrific. Pet Sematary, I did that, it's like the prequel to all the Pet Sematary movies, and written and directed by a really talented young woman named Lindsey Beer, who I think is going to be a force to be reckoned with. So I think that's going to turn out really well.

Can I ask who you played in that, in Pet Sematary?

DUCHOVNY: I play Bill Baterman, the father of a young man that... I'm like the instigator of the whole damn thing. But at the heart of that story, for whatever iterations it's gone through, and for whatever horror Stephen King does, really, it's a story about parental love and mourning. And I can really relate to the themes underneath it, so I was happy to play that.

>>> Source

Lou_SytsmaHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • We'll see. Didn't like the recent one much at all.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT