Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Screem magazine

SCREEM #22 is now available! Our all vampire issue features an exclusive interview with Stephen King, an essay on Salem's Lot by author Bev Vincent (The Illustrated Stephen King companion); A look back at Innocent Blood with director John Landis; "Black, White, and Red All over: Lugosi's Dracula celebrates its 80th Anniversary" by Scott Essman; The films of Jean Rollin; Tom Weaver speaks with Return of Dracula star Nora Eberhardt; An interview with author Dacre Stoker (Dracula Un-Dead); a retrospective on Hammer studio's classic horror films Vampire Circus and Twins of Evil, and much more in the Spring edition of Screem magazine!

You can order it online here: http://screemag.com/index.php

Comments

• I got my issue today and I really enjoyed your article. Good job!

John
  • Thanks -- I haven't seen the issue yet! How is the interview with King?
  • The interview was okay--nothing special though.

John
  • I received my copy last night but haven't had much of a chance to look at it yet. Screem would like me to write for them again in the future.
  • Finally tracked down a copy of this. Great article Bev! Learned a couple of new things and the magazine gave you a fitting amount of space for your article.

It certainly dwarfed the King interview.

Congrats on it and the offer for further projects with the magazine.

• Screem #23 is in stock NOW! Issue contents include:Overlooking the Overlook: author Bev Vincent (The Stephen King Illustrated Companion, The Road to the Dark Tower) brings us an "Everything you wanted to know about The Shining, but were afraid to ask" article, dissecting Stephen King's book, Stanley Kubrick's screenplay, as well as the made for TV movie. Fans of this masterpiece of modern horror shouldn't miss it! Other articles in Screem #23 include: Criterion's Island of Lost Souls arrives on Blu-ray; Classic Monster Toys of the 1960's; The Final Four: Boris Karloff's last films; The Return of the Aztec Mummy; The End is Near! Manos: Hands of Fate: The Special Edition by Daniel Griffith (with MST3K's Joel Hodgson); New interviews with directors Ken Russell and Joe Dante; Burn, Witch, Burn; Universal's Frankenstein Turns 80 (by Scott Essman, with an illustration by Rick Baker); The Exterminator makes its debut on Blu-ray; and, the usual extensive amount of DVD review that appears in every issue of SCREEM MAGAZINE. 76 pages color / B & W

You can order it with one of two different front covers here.

• Universal's stable of beloved monsters grace the cover of our 25th edition of Screem, courtesy of artist Mark Maddox. Greg Mank takes a look at the Classic Monster Blu-ray box set, and gives his perspective on the films that have inspired so many fans throughout several decades. Tom Weaver interviews Roger Corman on his first production, Monster from the Ocean Floor, Bev Vincent writes about Stephen King's creepy anthology films and interviews Mark Pavia on his collaboration with Mr. King, The Reaper's Image, Tippi Hedren reminiscences on the the 50th anniversary of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds, Scott Essman reflects back on Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, Screem speaks with indie director Christopher R. Mihm, who creates new movies that look like they were produced in the 1950s, we take a sneak peek at the retro Sci-fi musical The Ghastly Love of Johnny X, which features Paul Williams and Kevin McCarthy in his final role, Michael "The Hills Have Eyes" Berryman is as creepy as ever in the new film Below Zero. All this plus book reviews, a new Fright Flick Pic and Blu-ray reviews featuring Criterion's Rosemary's Baby, Beyond the Black Rainbow, The Boogens, House and Night of Dark Shadows (reviewed by RJ Jamison), 1932's The Most Dangerous Game, William Castle's short lived TV series Ghost Story (AKA Circle of Fear), BFI's Deep End and Juan of the Dead plus plenty more goodies await you in the brand new issue of Screem magazine!

The issue will debut on Oct. 26th at the Chiller Theatre Expo in Parsippany, NJ and at Son of Monsterpalooza in Burbank, CA at the Bijou Collectables booth. The issue is now up for sale at www.screemag.com and will be available in stores and comic shops in mid November.
  • I'm back in issue #38 of Screem magazine, out now.

SCREEM #38 is now available! Bev Vincent provides Screem readers with an appointment to see DOCTOR SLEEP, Stephen King's much anticipated sequel to THE SHINING, Andy Rausch's reoccurring column The Director's Chair, saves a seat for Andre Ovredal (SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK), Budd Wilkins delves into two new discs from indie label Scream Factory: QUATERMASS AND THE PIT and QUATERMASS 2, author Howard David Ingham looks into the rich history of Folk Horror in cinema, Troy Howarth unwraps the new 4K transfer of the George Romero/Dario Argento collaboration TWO EVIL EYES from Blue Underground, Adrian Smith's career retrospective of director Antonio Margheriti is essential reading, and, historian Jon Kitley's new book DISCOVER THE HORROR is a delight for every film fan. Of course, there's the usual large amount of Blu-ray/DVD reviews by our talented staff! All of this awaits you, dear reader, in SCREEM #38!
  • My essay was nominated for Best Article in the 18th Annual Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards
  • Didn't win, but received honorable mention!
    Well done, congratulations Bev! 
  • How exciting and fun! congrats!
  • ...well done Bev....
  • Bev, is this the same magazine that didn't print your whole story years ago?

I need to dig that out and read it again.
    GNTLGNT
  • Bev, is this the same magazine that didn't print your whole story years ago?

I'm not sure what earlier story your referring to. I've always had a very good experience with SCREEM -- I've done three or four long articles for them.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2020
    Bev, is this the same magazine that didn't print your whole story years ago?

I'm not sure what earlier story your referring to. I've always had a very good experience with SCREEM -- I've done three or four long articles for them.
    SHROUD magazine is the one that cut your story off.  I own it.  You sent me the ending which I hope I copied and put in my magazine.  I'll have to find that.

I hope their next issue they re printed your story in its entirety.
    GNTLGNT