Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Whelan interview and a preview of a illustration

edited June 2004 in Dark Tower
I have done an interview with Michael Whelan who has illustrated The Dark Tower VII (which is less then 3 month away). In the interview he talks about illustrating King books, the difference between illustrating the first and the last book in the series among other things. A very interesting interview that you don’t want to miss.

Michael was also nice and gave me a preview of one of the black and white pen and ink drawings that are in the book and off course I couldn't keep if from all my loyal readers so check it out on the site.

Lilja

--

Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King: http://www.Liljas-Library.com

Comments

• All I can say is if Whelan were ever to do an illustrated Hearts in Atlantis I would grab up at least 2 copies. Other than the main DT books, HiA is my favorite King book of all time.
  • Michale Whelan's accolades are astounding! Read the interview!
  • Michael (Kali) from Donald M. Grant provides a spoiler-free update of their progress on producing DT7.

They have to deliver the book to the printer by Monday!
  • Really great interview with Michael Whelan - thanks Lilja :)

Can't wait to see all the artwork :)

Is the 800+ pages hardback edition pages or manuscript length pages?
  • Both the manuscript and the book will be 844 actual pages from front to back...
  • Nice:)
  • DTUK wrote:

Is the 800+ pages hardback edition pages or manuscript length pages?

The manuscript is close to 1100 pages. The printed book will be in the 846 page range.
  • A nice thick novel to round the series off with :)

• A nice thick novel to round the series off with

Yeah baby, Yeah!
  • SK's own seven volume Encyclopaedia Britannica on writers, writing and popular culture of the time ;D
  • Final count from Grant was 864.