Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

A Good Marriage -- movie adaptation

edited May 2012 in General news
Atlas International has tapped Peter Askin to helm the story "A Good Marriage." Askin's credits include Company Man and the documentary Trumbo.

Will Battersby will produce A Good Marriage, which follows a woman who discovers her husband’s dark secret hiding in their garage. The New York shoot is set to get under way in late summer for a summer 2013 release. Casting is in process.

Comments

• This should make an excellent movie. Such a great story.
  • Joan Allen will star in A Good Marriage, an adaptation of a Stephen King novella. Peter Askin, who directed the 2007 documentary about the Hollywood Blacklist and McCarthyism titled Trumbo, is on board to helm the thriller and is producing with his Reno Productions partner Will Battersby. Production on Marriage is due to start in New York in mid-October.

Read more...
  • She looks the part. I'm not usually a fan of movies made from King's works (there ARE exceptions, though) but this may be okay.

John
  • Yeah -- depending on who they cast as the husband, this could be exceptional. It'll be interesting to see how they adapt it, though, because so much of it is just her alone. I expect a fairly substantial rewrite.

I just saw an episode of THE SHIELD that reminded me a lot of this story. The guy was raping older women and eventually murdering them as well and his wife had no clue. Probably also inspired by BTK.
  • Stephen King's 'Good Marriage' Housed in Sleepy Hollow

Perhaps you’ve noticed the house on Bellwood, as you round into Philipse Manor alongside the restoration land – the one that looks like it might be out of a Stephen King movie.

This old off-white home, slightly creepy in its emptiness and subtle dilapidation, and yet a real potential gem with that backyard idyllic farm, caught the eye of location scouts. Now there is in fact going to be a Stephen King movie being made right here in the Hollow, “A Good Marriage,” whose title is surely ironic.

“The running joke is that it’s a psychological thriller,” said Village Administrator Anthony Giaccio, “which sounds about right.”
  • The Cabin in the Woods and House Of Cards‘ Kristen Connolly is the latest addition to the project and will be playing the daughter of Joan Allen’s character.

>>> Source
  • Anthony LaPaglia has joined the feature adaptation of Stephen King’s A Good Marriage. The Without A Trace alumni will play Bob Anderson in the film, with Joan Allen as his wife Darcy.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/anthony-lapaglia-signs-on-to-a-good-marriage/
  • Great choice! This could be an excellent endeavour!
  • Avatar and Terra Nova star Stephen Lang has joined the cast of A Good Marriage. Lang will play a retired investigator from the Maine Attorney General’s office who is obsessed with solving the crime.
  • Hey,Can anyone tell me is the movie good marriage is released or not?As I have no information about it as I am away from the country.
  • It's currently filming. No release date has yet been announced.
  • Joan Allen and Peter Askin, star and director of A Good Marriage, will answer audience and moderator questions in a forum open to the public at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, June 19 at the Old Dutch Church of Sleepy Hollow. The moderator will be Tarrytown author Joe Queenan.

The Church holds between 100 to 125 people, and seating will be on a first-come first-serve basis.

>>> Read more...
  • According to The Hollywood Reporter, AMERICAN IDIOT's Theo Stockman will join Joan Allen and Anthony LaPaglia in the film adaptation of Stephen King's novella A GOOD MARRIAGE. Stockman will play the couple's son.
  • SK tweets: Have seen the completed film version of A GOOD MARRIAGE. I thought it was terrific. Of course…I wrote it!
  • edited March 2014
    King writes (on FB): We’re giving away some tickets to a screening of my new film “A Good Marriage”. Anyone who likes the Facebook page for the film in the next 48 hours (by March 26th at 12pm) will have their name entered to win:https://www.facebook.com/AGoodMarriage 

Two names will be picked out by yours truly, and both will receive two tickets to the cast and crew screening on April 24th in New York City. You have to provide your own transportation to New York but a hotel will be provided for the night as well as a car to the screening for each of the two winners.

• Screen Media Films has acquired North American rights to thriller “A Good Marriage,” adapted from Stephen King’s short story from the collection “Full Dark, No Stars.”

King wrote the screenplay and Peter Askin directed the film, starring Joan Allen, Anthony LaPaglia, Kristen Connolly and Stephen Lang. Screen Media plans to distribute the film in early October — the start of the Halloween season — with a nationwide theatrical release accompanied by a day-and-date VOD platform release.

LaPaglia and Allen portray a married couple with the wife discovering the horrifying stranger inside her husband while he’s away on a buisiness trip — ending a good marriage.

“I’m delighted that ‘A Good Marriage’ is going to be available to the movie going public very soon, and hope we can scare the hell out of millions of people,” King said. “To me, that’s always an exciting prospect.”
  • edited August 2014
    'We went in fearlessly': Stephen King on adapting 'A Good Marriage' for film

Arrives in cinemas and on VOD Oct. 3.
  • With this and Big Driver coming in October we have the necessary starter ingredients for an awesome King Late Fright Night Double Bill!
  • Screen Media Films adaptation of A Good Marriage hits theaters, VOD and iTunes on October 3rd. Those eagerly awaiting the release of the dark and suspenseful thriller can now preorder the HD version on iTunes for $12.99. ($9.99 - SD)
  • U.S. Theaters that will feature A Good Marriage:
    • New York City - AMC Empire
    • Los Angeles - A Laemmle NoHo
    • San Francisco - AMC VanNess
    • Dallas - AMC Grapevine
    • Seattle - AMC Pacific Place
    • Denver - AMC Cherry Creek
    • Tampa - AMC Veterans
    • Phoenix - Harkins Valley Art
    • Detroit - Cinema Detroit
    • Sarasota - AMC Sarasota 12
    • Columbus - Gateway Film Center
    • Portland OR - Clinton Street
  • King will be on The View and Seth Meyers on Wednesday (9/24) to promote A Good Marriage.
  • Also on the CBS Morning Show.