Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Joyland

2»

Comments

• I interviewed him quite a while back for the next issue of CD. He's an interesting guy. I met him at a conference in NY before Colorado Kid came out.
  • Joyland's a #1 best seller, even if it took until week 2 to get there.  It's still there in week 3.
  • Hard Case Crime announced on January 27th that it will be releasing JOYLAND as an e-book edition in April 2014 and a "mass market" paperback format on May 27, 2014.
  • Edgar nominees for best paperback original:

The Guilty One by Lisa Ballantyne (HarperCollins Publishers – William Morrow Paperbacks)
    Almost Criminal by E. R. Brown (Dundurn)
    Joe Victim by Paul Cleave (Simon & Schuster – Atria Books)
    Joyland by Stephen King (Hard Case Crime)
    The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood (Penguin Group USA - Penguin Books)
    Brilliance by Marcus Sakey (Amazon Publishing – Thomas and Mercer)
  • edited May 2014
    Joyland was also nominated for an Anthony Award:

Best Paperback Original
    ° The Big Reap by Chris F. Holm
    ° Purgatory Key by Darrell James
    ° Joyland by Stephen King
    ° The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood
    ° As She Left It by Catriona McPherson
  • Hard Case Crime has announced they will publish an Illustrated Limited Edition of Joyland in September of 2015. The new edition will feature cover artwork by Glen Orbik, a map of Joyland illustrated by Susan Hunt Yule and more than twenty interior illustrations by Robert McGinnis, Mark Summers and Pat Kinsella.

• Note that this is not a limited edition -- Hard Case Crime will publish as many copies as are needed to satisfy demand for the book.