Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Severance Package

edited September 2012 in Short Stories
My brand new story "Severance Package" will be in Shivers VII, my first odd-numbered appearance in the series (I've previously been in II, IV and VI).

Shivers VII contains more than 100,000 words of chilling fiction from two dozen of today's most popular authors of horror and suspense including Stephen King, Clive Barker, Graham Masterton, Ed Gorman, Bill Pronzini, Lisa Tuttle, Kaaron Warren, Del James, Lisa Morton, Scott Nicholson, Bev Vincent, Brian James Freeman, Norman Prentiss, and many others.

Of special note to collectors: "Weeds" by Stephen King was originally published in Cavalier magazine in May 1976 (as "Will Be Necessary to Stop the Weeds") and in Nugget magazine in April 1979, but has not been reprinted since, although it was adapted as "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill" for Creepshow in 1982. "The Departed" by Clive Barker was originally published as "Hermione and the Moon" in The New York Times on October 30, 1992.

Comments

• CD announced today: Shivers VII is headed to the printer today and will be published in August!
  • Shivers VII In-Stock and Shipping Now!
  • Since adopting you as Author-in-Residence, I am re-reading your stories I have available.

Today I read this one.  What a nasty little tale!  I find so often that when someone writes about adult subjects, it seems so forced.  This was carefully crafted.  You used a deft hand in presenting things that another author might've gotten carried away with and taken a reader out of the story, focusing on the more salicious aspects and not the story unfolding. So bravo on those mad skilz.

I happen to be a firm believer in Karma, (in whatever form that might take >:) ).   The energy you put out to the world is what you're going to get back.   
  • Definitely one of my nastier stories. It was inspired in part by one of the installments in Creepshow III, where I though they missed a terrific opportunity to do something like this. (Terrible movie, by the way. Avoid!)
  • Since adopting you as Author-in-Residence, I am re-reading your stories I have available.

Today I read this one.  What a nasty little tale!  I find so often that when someone writes about adult subjects, it seems so forced.  This was carefully crafted.  You used a deft hand in presenting things that another author might've gotten carried away with and taken a reader out of the story, focusing on the more salicious aspects and not the story unfolding. So bravo on those mad skilz.

I happen to be a firm believer in Karma, (in whatever form that might take >:) ).   The energy you put out to the world is what you're going to get back.   
    salacious.  I hate it when that happens!

I have never seen Creepshow III.  And while you firmly say avoid, curiosity killed something, maybe my will to live after I watch it.

• I have never seen Creepshow III.  And while you firmly say avoid, curiosity killed something, maybe my will to live after I watch it.
    It's terrible Hedda, don't waste your time. 
  • Notaro said:

I have never seen Creepshow III.  And while you firmly say avoid, curiosity killed something, maybe my will to live after I watch it.
    I more than likely won't bother. Too many people agree with you.  
  • Notaro said:

....oh sure, and if those same people said "jump off a bridge" you'd probably do that too....good lawd!......
  • edited April 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:

....oh sure, and if those same people said "jump off a bridge" you'd probably do that too....good lawd!......
    No. I wouldn't do that.  I'd do a fake out and watch them tumble and then go eat some gummy bears.
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:

No. I wouldn't do that.  I'd do a fake out and watch them tumble and then go eat some gummy bears.
     :D  :D :D