Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Dark Tower and Prime Evil (minor spoilers)

edited June 2004 in Dark Tower
I was at a library book sale yesterday, and came across a paperback edition of "Prime Evil", a collection of horror short stories. The stories were grouped into sections, each with its own title.

King had a story in this collection - "Night Flier" - in the first section, called "In the Court of the Crimson King". At first, I thought, "Well, sure. An obvious DT reference". Except that the Prime Evil was published in 1988, before the Crimson King had entered the DT mythology. :o

So I wonder whether this is just a meaningless coincidence, or whether the section title appealed to King so much what he decided to incorporate the concept into DT.

As far as I can work out (via Google ;) ) the phrase comes from a King Crimson album. But does anyone know whether it's older than that?

Anyway, it's fun to speculate ...

HBJ,

who didn't buy Prime Evil, but picked up a few cool things regardless. ;D

Comments

• I have that book Jack but I don't remember the story, I'll have to read it again I guess. I've had it for many years and I've got another one called "I Shudder at your Touch" with a story by King called "The Revelations of "Becka Paulson". Which I got at the same time as Prime Evil.
  • Apropos of nothing, did you know that the Crimson King is a kind of maple tree?
  • somew variation on the Red Maple I would guess! ;D
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Apropos of nothing, did you know that the Crimson King is a kind of maple tree?

Oh, don't be such a sap.

HBJ,

proving once again that puns are the lowest form of humour.
  • I used to have that book. Isn't another section titled "Walking the Deadlights"?
  • Apropos of nothing, did you know that the Crimson King is a kind of maple tree?

Is that from Google too, Bev? Say it isn't so ;D
  • Well, uhm, errr...okay...
  • Well, uhm, errr...okay...  

Isn't everyday I see Bev gets tongue tied  ;D

• Speaking of 'In The Court of the Crimson King' isn't there a story by Robert Chambers called In The Court of the Dragon'?