Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Announcing: Twenty-First Century King

edited November 2012 in Book Reviews
[table][tr][td]Announcing TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY KING

Author: Bev Vincent

Page Count: 50

Pub. Date: November 30, 2012

About the Book:

Since the turn of the century, Bev Vincent, author of The Stephen King Illustrated Companion and The Road to the Dark Tower, has been reviewing the works of Stephen King. These reviews have been published in a variety of venues, including Onyx Reviews, The Essential Stephen King, FEARnet, the Conroe Courier, and Cemetery Dance magazine.

Twenty-First Century King collects these reviews for the first time, starting with Riding the Bullet, King's first published work after his near-fatal accident in 1999. The twenty-one reviews (amounting to nearly 21,000 words) cover works of non-fiction, collections, collaborations, pseudonymous works and novels, including five books from the Dark Tower series.

Bev Vincent is the author of three books: The Road to the Dark Tower, The Stephen King Illustrated Companion, and the forthcoming The Dark Tower Companion (NAL, April 2013). He co-edited The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book and has been writing News from the Dead Zone for Cemetery Dance since 2001. He is the author of over seventy short stories, including appearances in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, Cemetery Dance, Shivers (II, IV, VI & VII), and When the Night Comes Down, which contains four of his stories. His story "The Bank Job" won the 2010 Al Blanchard Award, and he has been nominated for the Bram Stoker Award (twice) and the Edgar Award. He reviews at Onyx Reviews and blogs on writing for Storytellers Unplugged. Visit him on the web at bevvincent.com.

Published as:

• Signed Limited Edition Chapbook with a glossy cover limited to just 750 copies signed by the author ($12)

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Comments

• Thanks! My copies are supposed to arrive this week.
  • My author copies arrived last night. I really like the glossy, thick cover.

• Kev Quigley's review -- and it's a great one!
  • Ordered my copy yesterday.

Looking forward to reading this.
  • My copy arrived yesterday. Read the first couple of reviews up to Talisman.

My gawd - WebTV! There's a blast from the not too distant past. Things come and go so quickly now that when you go and look back at something like this it really drives home how fleeting some things are.

Really enjoying your insights - the review for 'On Writing' was especially so.

You seem to like DreamCatcher a lot more than I do. Parts of the book were good ie especially the memory sequences but the backstory of the 4 friends never gelled for me in this book like it did in other ones. The movie rather taints my feelings about the book too.
  • The four friends section of the movie is the best part, as far as I'm concerned. They tried to cram too much of the book into the film when they should have pared some of it back. The last half of the film is a wreck. But I liked the book when I first read it.
  • It's those Morgan Freeman eyebrows! They've indelibly tainted the book for me. :o
  • Episode 18 - Lilja & Lou Go On A Double Date With Stephen King & Bev Vincent - of the Lilja & Lou Podcast is now out.

The last half of 2013 is a Kingstravaganza starting this June. Plenty of Stephen King related material is about to be unleashed for all of us to feast on so we cover off the big events in our 2013 King Calendar.

Plus, in keeping with this podcast's date theme we interview writer Bev Vincent about one of his latest books - 21st Century King.