Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Page proofs are here

I have until January 3 to return any corrections, but I suspect I'll be done before that.

Comments

• Must be an awesome feeling to see your name on the front of it all.

Do the numbers along the right hand side have any significance?
  • Line numbers for quick reference. I'll send back marked up pages, but someone could say -- "King is misspelled on page 19 line 19."
  • 5770634A437C7B76707B61150 wrote: Line numbers for quick reference. I'll send back marked up pages, but someone could say -- "King is misspelled on page 19 line 19."
    Ah. Thanks for the explanation.
  • Over the Christmas break, I went through the page proofs. Typically what you do with these is mark your changes in the rather spacious margins, photocopy any pages that have errors, and then send just the affected pages back to the editor. I decided to do it a little differently. I created an Excel spread sheet that listed the page number, the line number (line numbers are listed on each page of page proofs), the original text, the amended text and an explanation of the change. For coverage, I scanned the part of pages with changes, which allowed me to combine what would have been 50 or 60 sheets into a 12-page pdf. I emailed both to my editor. Today I heard back from him. “Your corrections document was the most organized thing I’ve ever seen. Bravo.” A successful experiment, then. He also told me that the first galleys were in and that he’d send me some shortly.