Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

30th anniversary limited editions

edited January 2013 in General news
From Pete Crowther at PS Publising:

we’re going to be publishing not one but *two* special anniversary editions—a right royal pair . . . a brace of Kings, even. Yes, as close as we can get to the original publication dates from way back in 1983 (April 29th and November 14th respectively) we’re going to put out 30th Anniversary Editions of Christine and Pet Sematary . . . with new wraparound covers, new two-page endpapers back and front (each one different) and full colour wraparound artwork on a special slipcase, along the lines of the ones we’re doing for our comicbook reprint series. So that’s four spreads—*plus* a half-dozen interior b&w illustrations—for each book. The artists will be signing the tip sheets and we’re aiming to run a facsimile signature from the author. We’re planning on either 300 or 400 NUMBERED copies so, as you might imagine, we’re very excited. I hope you are, too. Watch out for further announcements over the weeks ahead.

Comments

• Ramsey Campbell has agreed to write an introduction for Pet Sematary and Michael Marshall Smith will do likewise for Christine.
  • There is a new 30th Anniversary release of Cujo on BluRay too with a new commentary but none of the other extras from the previous releases.
  • Pre-orders now being taken:

TITLE Christine

A NOVEL by Stephen King

PUBLICATION DATE  April 2013

EDITION  Wraparound covers, two-page endpapers and interior art.

Full colour wraparound artwork on a special slipcase.

COVER ART & ENDPAPERS  Tomislav Tikulin

INTERIOR ART Jill Bauman

INTRODUCTION  Michael Marshall Smith

AFTERWORD Richard Chizmar

PRINT RUN 750

ISBN  978-1-848636-08-8

TITLE Pet Sematary

A NOVEL by Stephen King

PUBLICATION DATE  November 2013

EDITION  Wraparound covers, two-page endpapers and interior art.

Full colour wraparound artwork on a special slipcase.

COVER ART  TBA

INTERIOR ART TBA

INTRODUCTION  Ramsey Campbell

AFTERWORD TBA

PRINT RUN 750
  • From PS Publishing:

The big news this week is we can confirm that, next year (spring and late winter respectively), we’ll be doing special slipcased Anniversary editions of Stephen King’s THINNER (originally published under the by-line of Richard Bachman) and SKELETON CREW. Stepping up to the plate for artwork chores on THINNER is Les Edwards while multiple Jack Kirby Award-winning comicbook artist Stephen R. Bissette is already going hell-for-leather on colour spreads for SKELETON CREW plus art-headers for each story. And if that isn’t quite enough for you, we’re aiming to include Pete Von Sholly’s storyboards for Frank Darabont’s movie adaptation of THE MIST. We’ll be doing updates on these two as we move along—with details of Introductions, Afterwords and signatures as they’re decided, pretty much the same way we’re treating CHRISTINE and PET SEMATARY.
  • I'm also pleased to announce -- since it's now listed on the PS Publishing page for the book -- that I wrote the Afterword for the 30th Anniversary edition of Pet Sematary.
  • WooT! Congrats!
  • The signature pages showed up on my front doorstep this afternoon.

• Heh. Do you get to keep the bag?
  • I do! I don't think the USPS would know what to do with it. Or UPS, or however, I send things along to the next person.
  • That's cool.

Curious, how many other people have to put their John Henry on the sig sheets. Is it you, Ramsey Campbell, and the artists?
  • Yes, four people in total.
  • Pete Crowther reports that "Pet Sematary is about to hit the printers (poor souls!). This will probably be out around the same time as Christine which—with the new full-colour slipcases and full colour print throughout—has been a bit of a baptism of fire for all of us."