Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Odd hotel comment

edited June 2004 in Dark Tower
In Song of Susannah, the woman at the front desk of the hotel says of Stephen King, "I wish he would just give it a rest." Isn't that an odd thing to say of Stephen King? Do you think something happens in DTVII, of which we are not yet aware, that would prompt someone who doesn't even know Stephen King to make that comment? Is there a mystery here, or do you all think that her comment was normal and not part of a continuing plot line?

Comments

• Is there a mystery here, or do you all think that her comment was normal and not part of a continuing plot line?
    Personally, I think it's SK's own personal homage to those people that don't care for his work. You know the ones... that critique him based on the genre or how often he publishes. I've heard of and read several complaints by people that think he's saturated the market. But who knows.
  • In Song of Susannah, the woman at the front desk of the hotel says of Stephen King, "I wish he would just give it a rest." Isn't that an odd thing to say of Stephen King?

Hi Mike :)... I actually found that line quite funny. I have to agree with Rache's line of thinking. I found him charmingly self-depracating in this book. Many a truth is spoken in jest. ;)

Lin
  • I sorta bristled at the comment. I found myself thinking, "Yeah, but have you actually READ any of his books?! He just doesn't write horror ya know!! ">:(