Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Stephen King on opening sentences

edited July 2013 in General news
NotaroGNTLGNTspideymancat

Comments

• I don't think I've read this or Stephen's thoughts on this.  

Pulling this forward to read this weekend.  

I think I can write a pretty good opening sentence.  And I think I can write a pretty good closing sentence.  

Everything I write inbetween just sucks.
    NotaroGNTLGNTspideymancatFlakeNoir
  • ....Steve would have made one hell of a professor if he hadn't gotten side-tracked by scribbling.....he speaks as he writes, simple yet detailed......I wouldn't have needed a large black coffee for any of HIS lectures.....
    Hedda Gablercat
  • Thank you for sharing this @BevVincent.  Had not seen that before. His talents always amaze me.
    Hedda GablercatGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....Steve would have made one hell of a professor if he hadn't gotten side-tracked by scribbling.....he speaks as he writes, simple yet detailed......I wouldn't have needed a large black coffee for any of HIS lectures.....
    Wouldn't you have loved to have been one of his students?  I'm so jealous of those kids who got him for the short time they had him.
    catspideymanGNTLGNT
  • Wouldn't you have loved to have been one of his students?  I'm so jealous of those kids who got him for the short time they had him.
    How about these kids? Stephen King surprises New Brunswick high school
    catFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2020
    Wouldn't you have loved to have been one of his students?  I'm so jealous of those kids who got him for the short time they had him.
    How about these kids? Stephen King surprises New Brunswick high school
    Stuff like this makes me cry.  I don't know why I have such a strong emotion about kindnesses, but I just weep.   I seriously just become sloppy about random acts of kindness.

I wonder if I did a song and dance for him on youtube if he would show up at my house?

uh, yeah, no. :D
    catBevVincentFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNT
  • Oh holy hell, I loved that.  I'm going to copy that out and put it in my copy of 
    On Writing.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I don't think I've read this or Stephen's thoughts on this.  

Pulling this forward to read this weekend.  

I think I can write a pretty good opening sentence.  And I think I can write a pretty good closing sentence.  

Everything I write inbetween just sucks.
    Bullshoot! Your in-between stuff is just as good as your openers and closers. I've read plenty. 
    spideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....Steve would have made one hell of a professor if he hadn't gotten side-tracked by scribbling.....he speaks as he writes, simple yet detailed......I wouldn't have needed a large black coffee for any of HIS lectures.....

GNTLGNT
  • I'm surprised that more of his students have not come forward with tales of him.
    That would be great.

spideymanHedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir