Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Mr. Mercedes

124»

Comments

• From Deadline:

Meg Steedle (Code Black, I’m Dying Up Here) is set to recur on the upcoming third season of AT&T Audience Network’s critically praised drama series Mr. Mercedes, from Sonar Entertainment. [...] Steedle will play Danielle Sweeney, Morris’ (Gabriel Ebert) affectionate yet slightly naive girlfriend who finds herself out of her depth when she questions Morris (Ebert) and Alma’s (Kate Mulgrew) strange relationship. Steedle’s recent TV credits include Code Black, I’m Dying Up Here and The Magician. She is managed by Principal Entertainment LA.

• See photos and behind-the-scenes video from Mr. Mercedes season 3

Even after two seasons filled with murder and mayhem, Bill Hodges isn’t done yet. This fall, Mr. Mercedes is returning for season 3 on the AT&T Audience Network, and EW has an exclusive first look at both photos and behind-the-scenes video from the upcoming season.

The first two seasons of Mr. Mercedes found Hodges (Brendan Gleeson) coming out of detective retirement to finish the biggest unsolved case of his career, involving the titular serial killer. Working together with his young accomplices Holly (Justine Lupe) and Jerome (Jharrel Jerome), Hodges unmasked Brady Hartsfield (Harry Treadaway) as the mysterious Mercedes murderer. Season 1 ended with Holly heroically beating Brady into a coma, so the killer spent most of season 2 in a vegetative state. But it wasn’t the normal variety of coma — thanks to an experimental medical procedure, Brady began to exhibit telepathic powers that gave him control over people around him even as he lay in a hospital bed. Eventually he fully woke up, and tried to convince the world he was fully redeemed. But his old friend Lou Linklatter (Breeda Wool) wasn’t buying it, and season 2 ended with her shooting Brady to death in the midst of his murder trial.

Mr. Mercedes has always been an adaptation of Stephen King’s trilogy of Bill Hodges novels. Season 1 covered the book Mr. Mercedes, but season 2 jumped ahead to the third book in the trilogy, End of Watch. Season 3 will adapt characters and storylines from the other installment, Finders Keepers. As a result, there are a few new characters set to shake up Hodges’ world.

Natalie Paul will play Assistant District Attorney Sarah Pace, who is now prosecuting Lou for murdering Brady. Brett Gelman (Fleabag) plays Roland Finklestein, Lou’s passionate defense attorney who thinks they can win her case. Gabriel Ebert plays Morris Bellamy, an intelligent but violent literature fan. One of his favorite authors is Jonathan Rothstein (Bruce Dern), while Alma Lane (Kate Mulgrew) is a compelling force in his life. And though Brady is gone, the impact of his crimes is still felt by people like the Saubers family, whose patriarch was injured in the original Mercedes attack. When Rothstein is found murdered, it falls to Hodges, Holly, Jerome, and local police to track down the killer. But the crime involves more than just death; unpublished Rothstein novels were also stolen, and could be worth millions.

• AT&T Audience Network's "Mr. Mercedes" Returns September 10 
    Notaro
  • Peacock has acquired crime-thriller drama series Mr. Mercedes, from David E. Kelley based on Stephen King’s bestselling Bill Hodges trilogy.

The first two seasons will premiere exclusively on the NBCUniversal streaming service on Thursday, October 15, with a premiere date for Season 3 TBD. The announcement came Monday, on King’s birthday.

The fate of the series, which previously aired on AT&T Audience Network, had been in limbo since Audience announced in the spring that it was ceasing operations and transitioning into a preview channel for the WarnerMedia streaming service HBO Max, which is also owned by AT&T.

NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircattheKidd12
  • Liljas Library - The World of Stephen King 1996 - 2020....Bill is one happy un-retired detective....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoircatNeesy
  • Mr. Mercedes Director Jack Bender On The Show’s Peacock Move and Future

Will there be any further production on it if it does well?

Well, we talked about that and that is, potentially, in the offing but at this point there’s no commitment. David Kelley and I have had conversations regarding what season four would look like and some of our younger cast who would come back and what the story could be, because there is some story left there.

Stephen wrote three books, but we definitely have something in mind for a season four if the stars were to come together and we would do it.

catHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • I subscribed to Peacock as soon as I found this out, Haven't watched anything at all. Just waiting for October 15th!
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • theKidd12 said:
    I subscribed to Peacock as soon as I found this out, Haven't watched anything at all. Just waiting for October 15th!
    Oh my, a kidd sighting?  We need a Jim to jump out of the boat and wrestle him down while Marlon sits there and watches Kidd kill Jim.

I hope you and yours are doing well out there in the big world.  Come fill us in on all things Kidd.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarotheKidd12
  • theKidd12 said:
    I subscribed to Peacock as soon as I found this out, Haven't watched anything at all. Just waiting for October 15th!
    Oh my, a kidd sighting?  We need a Jim to jump out of the boat and wrestle him down while Marlon sits there and watches Kidd kill Jim.

I hope you and yours are doing well out there in the big world.  Come fill us in on all things Kidd.

Did you say   Mutual of omaha - Marlin Perkins  Meme Generator
    Hedda GablertheKidd12
  • ......KIdd who(m)?.......
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablertheKidd12
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ......KIdd who(m)?.......
    Speaking of... where is Triple O these days? I hope he's doing well and checks in soon.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ......KIdd who(m)?.......
    Speaking of... where is Triple O these days? I hope he's doing well and checks in soon.
    ....I know, I keep trying to holler him home by stealing his schtick....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablertheKidd12Notaro
  • edited October 2020
    Oops, we're in a Mr. Mercedes thread, I thought it was a free-for-all thread, sorry Bev. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTtheKidd12Notaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Oops, we're in a Mr. Mercedes thread, I thought it was a free-for-all thread, sorry Bev. 
    ...buzz killer..... ;)
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirtheKidd12Notaro
  • theKidd12 said:

Kinda like a monarch butterfly I show up as seasons change...

And yeah I think I coulda took ol Jim...

Marlon definitely wouldn't want none... :D  
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • theKidd12 said:
    theKidd12 said:

OMGosh... are you one of the Monarch's that busts out with s sh*t-ton of eggs, totally overrunning my poor swan plants? Or are you a less fertile one that just very politely drops a few eggs so as to not kill their offspring's food source? :D 
    Hedda GablertheKidd12GNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    theKidd12 said:
    theKidd12 said:

OMGosh... are you one of the Monarch's that busts out with s sh*t-ton of eggs, totally overrunning my poor swan plants? Or are you a less fertile one that just very politely drops a few eggs so as to not kill their offspring's food source? :D 
    OK..

Once a guy hits a certain age we definitely don't ask about fertility...

But I am polite so...

And I have watched 2 episodes of Mr Mercedes... You know so we can stay on topic???

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT