Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

12 Invaluable Life Lessons We Learnt From Stephen King Novels

edited January 2014 in General news

You know, before I start delving into Stephen King’s works and extrapolating nuggets of wisdom (that I doubt he would pay attention to, given my propensity to idly ramble), I just want to say that growing up, reading his books for over thirty years has to be regarded as a bit of a life lesson in itself. This man, this teacher of fear, taught me not only about Cthulhu, New England geography and what really scares me, but about human nature itself and let me tell you – I’m still in school.

But truth be told, King has a grasp of the human condition that is fairly detailed and grimly realistic. Sure, he’s able to open doors between worlds and let some eldritch beasties in every now and then, but sometimes the worst monsters are just people who you’d expect to be regular folks. Somehow, King seems to know about them. With this in mind, it’s a good bet that he must have picked up some life knowledge that found its way into many of his books that we can apply to our lives.

Read more at http://whatculture.com/books/12-invaluable-life-lessons-learnt-stephen-king-novels.php#FzT35WfgTVdq3jEf.99

Comments

• You know, before I start delving into Stephen King’s works and extrapolating nuggets of wisdom (that I doubt he would pay attention to, given my propensity to idly ramble), I just want to say that growing up, reading his books for over thirty years has to be regarded as a bit of a life lesson in itself. This man, this teacher of fear, taught me not only about Cthulhu, New England geography and what really scares me, but about human nature itself and let me tell you – I’m still in school.

But truth be told, King has a grasp of the human condition that is fairly detailed and grimly realistic. Sure, he’s able to open doors between worlds and let some eldritch beasties in every now and then, but sometimes the worst monsters are just people who you’d expect to be regular folks. Somehow, King seems to know about them. With this in mind, it’s a good bet that he must have picked up some life knowledge that found its way into many of his books that we can apply to our lives.

Read more at http://whatculture.com/books/12-invaluable-life-lessons-learnt-stephen-king-novels.php#FzT35WfgTVdq3jEf.99

Wow - look at that! Even though the link is from 2014 it still works!

Coincidentally when I went to Herzing College I used the word "learnt" in an essay and the teacher marked it as a spelling error (she must have been using an American dictionary)

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben