Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Rumors of a new Talisman book -- not so fast

edited November 2014 in General news
From Ms. Mod pertaining to rumors that King & Straub plan to write a new Talisman book next year:

I haven't been in touch with Peter so I don't know what he and Steve discussed but I did have a conversation on Wednesday morning with Steve and when I mentioned that the picture with him and Peter from the NYC signing was going to spark speculation about the third book, he just chuckled and said that would be nice but his plan for 2015 is to write the third book for the Mr. Mercedes trilogy. I might also remind people that I think it was at least 3 or possibly 4 years ago that Stephen had said that he and Peter were "planning" to write the third Talisman within the next 2 years. Even though that was the intent, it obviously didn't happen. That's another reason why I have a problem with things like this being announced in unofficial channels. It gets fans hyped up about something that may or may not turn out to happen. Even when it comes from official sources that are at least a little more reliable, it doesn't always pan out. Talisman and Dark Tower movies--need I say more? Bottom line (and this is from Steve) is this, fan sites should be considered rumors about any of his work until any OFFICIAL announcements are made on his site.

Comments

• I don't see the problem. Steve's up for writing two books a year still, isn't he?  :bz
  • edited February 2016
    From Peter's interview

There may be a third collaboration with Stephen King. We have the germ of a story firmly in place. All we need is time during which we're both free. 
  • Q. So is there any truth to the rumors that a third “Talisman” book is forthcoming?

I certainly hope so. It’s totally dependent on the patience of my saintly collaborator, Steve King. We were supposed to start it three or four years ago, but I had medical problems that stopped me in my tracks. Then I had problems with a book I was doing … so we’re no closer to being able to start it. But part of the reason he’s so patient is we have a great idea for the book. I won’t tell you what it is, but there was a famous story that happened in the world when we were young. He kept a scrapbook about it and so did I, him in Maine and me in Milwaukee. It has a lot of juice in it, and he and I both feel that way about it, so we are eager to do this book. I think he’ll cut me a break and let me go a year or two and then we’ll start working on it.

• Maybe they're aiming for 19 years between releases?
  • At the Library of Congress event today, King said that with any luck he and Peter will start writing the next book in February.