Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Wire

edited January 2015 in Free for all
This discussion was created from comments split from: Stephen King Revisited.

Comments

• Nice piece!

Hope you had great holidays! 

BTW The Wire is being rebroadcast in HD, We've set up the DVR to record them all. My wife has never seen the series so we plan to watch them together too.

Happy New Year!
  • I bought the boxed set for the extra features. I have a new DVR that "upgrades" the video quality -- not quite HD, but it looks pretty good. Some purists believe that the HD version alters the composition of some scenes, diverting the focus by making the shots wider. I'm really enjoying seeing it the second time through. Picking up on lots of things I missed before. Binge-watching does that, I find.
  • edited January 2015
    Yes, I'm picking on things on my second watch as well. 

Plus OMAR!

And Bubbles is such a great character too.

I use the EZTV site quite a bit for TV shows. Get them in HD quality and no need to skip through commericals.  B-) 

Plus I have some software - TriDef - that lets me watch the shows in faux 3D.  It works quite well and gives me that extra bit of immersion.
  • I think Bubbles is the only character who ends up better off at the end compared to the beginning of the series.
  • Yes indeedy. Even at the beginning of the series you can see there is more to the character.
  • We finished Season 2 last night. It was interesting to see how they set the stage for Season 3 by introducing Bunny Colvin in a couple of small scenes expressing his frustration at how futile their job was.