Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Dissonant Harmonies

Brian Keene blogged about our new project today. It's called Dissonant Harmonies and it has long, deep roots that go back seven or eight years. We both listen to music when we write, and we occasionally write about the music we listen to. We observed that our tastes were fairly dissimilar, but there was a point of overlap, too. A Venn diagram.

So we bandied around this notion that we should create a playlist for the other to write by. Last year at NECON, I delivered my CD to Brian, and Brian sent me a Spotify playlist shortly thereafter. 

This year we finally got around to writing our novellas, and we have both completed our first drafts, each of them in the 30-40k word range. Now its time to revise and solicit first readers' opinions.

Quoting Brian: "Why then, if it’s not yet ready for publication, am I talking about it today? Well, because we wanted to share the mix-tapes with you. Presenting ‘Bev Vincent and Brian Keene’s DISSONANT HARMONIES Soundtrack’, only on Spotify."

(Scroll down to the embedded gadget to access the list -- it's not 100% accurate as some of our selections aren't on Spotify, but it'll give you an idea).

CD has verbally committed to publishing this book, but it's not on anyone's schedule yet. Stay posted!

Comments