Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Jaunt optioned

edited March 2015 in Adaptations
 Plan B has optioned feature rights to The Jaunt, the 1981 Stephen King short story about teleportation travel. The company has attached Andy Muschietti and Barbara Muschietti, the duo behind the 2013 horror film Mama. It’s early days, but this will be developed for Andy to direct. Plan B hasn’t set it with a studio yet, but principals Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner and Jeremy Kleiner have a first-look deal with New Regency and RatPac Entertainment.

Expect good things to happen fast on this one. As is his usual practice, King grants a 90-day option period for $1, contingent on a writer being set, and concrete moves made in development at a pace that shows the author knows the film company is serious.

>>> Source

Comments

• With regards to “The Jaunt”, Muschietti says, “It has been in development with Plan B for a few years. We tried to crack it and now we finally have a writer that can do it. I would love to. It’s tough to crack because it’s such a great short story, and then you have to expand it into a great film narrative. It took awhile, but now I think we got it. I don’t want to tell too much.”
  • This is a dollar baby?  Are there any dollar baby links out there for viewing, or is there something in the contract that keeps these from being shown on a place like Youtube?
  • This is a dollar baby?  Are there any dollar baby links out there for viewing, or is there something in the contract that keeps these from being shown on a place like Youtube?
    I seem to recall Marsha saying something along the lines that dollar baby projects are only available to see at conventions or festivals.
  • Notaro said:
    This is a dollar baby?  Are there any dollar baby links out there for viewing, or is there something in the contract that keeps these from being shown on a place like Youtube?
    I seem to recall Marsha saying something along the lines that dollar baby projects are only available to see at conventions or festivals.
    That's a shame.  As long as they aren't making money from it, I wish there were other formats to see them.  I bet there is a lot of creativity.
  • There is -- I've seen The Doctor's Case a couple of times, for example, and it is a high-quality production. And then there are others that are, well, not so high quality!
  • I would love the good, the bad and the very very ugly.  Huge kudos for anyone who even dares try!
  • Never saw The Doctor's Case but the trailer looks really good,

• Notaro said:
    Never saw The Doctor's Case but the trailer looks really good,

That does look good. I wish we could see Dollar Babies.
  • It has Denise Crosby (from Star Trek: The Next Generation) and William B. Davis (the Smoking Man from The X-Fiels) in it.
  • Short making of info...

• I met James at Northern Fancon last year. There's a chance we might work on a film adaptation together -- not a Dollar Baby, though.
  • edited April 2020
    Anyone see this adaptation or was it ever completed?

• I don't think I've ever seen a dollar baby.  I just don't think they are allowed to be out there for viewing on the internet.