Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Sleeping Beauties

2»

Comments

• I received my hardcover copy yesterday. It's massive!
  • edited September 2017
    Tickets for Toronto show acquired. Timing works well too - able to have Thanksgiving with my dad for the first time in a while.
  • Excellent -- enjoy. I'm zooming through the book for a second time because I have to turn in my reviews in a few days.
  • edited April 2019
    AMC Makes Pilot Script Deal For Owen & Stephen King Novel ‘Sleeping Beauties;’ Owen King To Write It

AMC has made a pilot script commitment on the Owen King & Stephen King’s bestselling novel Sleeping Beauties. The goal is to create an open ended TV series and Owen King has been set to write the pilot script. Sugar23’s Michael Sugar and Ashley Zalta will be exec producers.

“Owen and Stephen King found the perfect canvas to tell a haunting and gripping story that sparks a relevant conversation about gender equality and individuality,” said Ashley Zalta, Sugar 23’s Head of Production and EP. “We couldn’t be more excited about this collaboration with the Kings and with AMC, who have so often boldly redefined genres.”

Said Stephen King: “I’m tremendously excited to see Sleeping Beauties brought to life in a format that will allow the story to be told as it was meant to be told, in all its mystery and drama. “

Said Owen King: “We’re so happy to be working with Michael, Ashley, and AMC on Sleeping Beauties. We can’t imagine a better match.”

Sugar and Zalta made a deal with the King clan last year when they were with Anonymous Content, which will also be producing.
  • IDW Publishing of San Diego will adapt Sleeping Beauties, the bestselling 2017 novel by Stephen King and Owen King, as a 10-part comic book epic by the international tandem of Canadian novelist Rio Youers (The Forgotten Girl) and London-based artist and architect Alison Sampson (Winnebago Graveyard).

IDW has the series slated for a high-profile launch in early 2020.

>>> Source

(Very happy for my pal Rio!)

• Owen King says he can sleep easy knowing IDW is handling the adaptation: “We are so excited about Rio and Alison’s vision for Sleeping Beauties. We’ve been fans of Rio’s for years and Alison’s artwork is simply extraordinary. IDW couldn’t have found a better pairing.”

Chiming in, the elder storytelling King added: “We’re looking forward to seeing our work in this exciting format.”

Sampson said the design of that format is shaping up to be an evocative one thanks to the opportunities presented by the source material.

“The story is very suggestive for interesting art, with magical themes interwoven through a very real place setting in Appalachia, and the opportunity to draw some truly diverse people,” Sampson said. “Places, spaces, gender, bodies, character, relationships, political themes, emotions, a challenging (and almost certainly innovative) design job, and a great story – it’s all here. I cannot wait to share what we are making.”

Youers said he’s also excited by the project but he conceded that there’s been other emotions as well. The only thing scarier than reading a Stephen King book, Youers said, may be adapting one.

“To work on anything with the King name attached is surreal, dizzying, and somewhat terrifying,” Youers admitted with candor. “As soon as my feet touch terra firma, I will focus on my goal: to stay true to the novel’s spirit, and to deliver a page-turning, visually impacting experience that will appeal to readers of both Stephen and Owen King’s fiction, and to comics fans the world over.”

Chris Ryall, IDW President & Publisher, was the writer who adapted the King &. Hill story Throttle back in 2012. He predicts that Sleeping Beauties will add up to be a signature success considering the sum of its parts.

“There was something magical about the combination of Stephen King’s and Owen King’s specific skills on the pages of the Sleeping Beauties novel, an alchemy that resulted in a story so of the moment and yet so timeless,” says  Chris Ryall. “Rio and Allison are fashioning a graphic retelling that synthesizes that same sense of wonder while very much making the comic its own thing entirely. We’re ecstatic to be doing this with all involved.”

• It was announced before Stephen King and Owen King‘s Sleeping Beauties was released that a television series was being eyed, and we learned last year that AMC had given the series a pilot script commitment. The latest on the project, as revealed by AMC during the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour tonight, is that the series is moving along.

“Sleeping Beauties” is on AMC’s development slate. Executive producers include both Stephen King and Owen King, along with Michael Sugar and Ashley Zalta for Sugar23.

>>> Source

• Book tour announced

September 26th, 2017 New York City
    September 27th, 2017 Hudson Valley, NY Area
    September 28th, 2017 Boston, MA Area
    September 29th, 2017 Chicago, IL
    September 30th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI
    October 1st, 2017 St. Louis, MO
    October 2nd, 2017 Missoula, MT
    October 3rd, 2017 Portland, OR
    October 5th, 2017 Toronto, ON, Canada
    October 6th, 2017 Sarasota, FL

I went to the book tour in Toronto and met Marsha and SRBO - Josh and I both enjoyed that trip

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben