Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Dead Zone on audio

With The Dead Zone having just been re-released in paperback, I decided to see if it was coming out on audio.  Turns out it is, on April 4, 2017, both on CD and download.

http://www.simonandschuster.com/books/The-Dead-Zone/Stephen-King/9781508218647

Comments

• This has been delayed a little, to April 25.  Also, it appears from the cover that James Franco is the reader.
  • That will be interesting. 
  • Listen to James Franco perform Stephen King's The Dead Zone

In an interview clip, exclusive to Entertainment Weekly, Franco called King, “one of the most pleasurable authors to read.” He added, “Even though we’re from different generations, all his influences, and things that he references, and the subjects he’s interested in seem to be all the things that I’m interested in.”

On the work itself, Franco noted, “You’ll find that the parallels to now are hauntingly close. And, considering that this was written over thirty years ago, it makes it even spookier, the closeness of the parallels. … It basically shows that Stephen King is a psychic.”

Compared to the other audiobooks Franco has narrated (his own, Actors Anonymous, and Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five) he said, “The Dead Zone is about five or six times as long as those other two books.” Franco added, “It took many sessions to do The Dead Zone, over the course of many months.”

EW has an exclusive clip from the audiobook. The Dead Zone audiobook is available now.