Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Geek Cast Live podcast

I talk to the four geeks at Geek Cast Live after I saw The Dark Tower. My bit starts about 20 minutes in and goes on for 45 minutes

http://geekcastlivepodcast.com/podcast/geek-cast-live-s4e28-modesty-sock/

Comments

• Sweet! Will check it out. 

It's sure is hard to hear all the negativity around something important to you but I understand the complaints. Especially in a cinema landscape where Marvel and Disney have set high bars for movie goers expectations.
  • I find it interesting that (per Rotten Tomatoes), that normal viewers (not critics) favored it by about 2:1. Based on my feeds on various social media, I would say that's about accurate. I've heard from a lot of people who enjoyed it as much as I did.

I have to think there's a conspiracy to get it to 19% on RT with an opening weekend of circa $19 million. That's just too weird.
  • edited August 2017
    Indeed.

The rise of prominence of Rotten Tomatoes to become pretty near the sole arbiter of a movie is a fascinating phenomenon. Really think they should switch out the aggregated score for the average score. People may know the difference though the average movie goer doesn't or doesn't even care. Subjectively that overall thumbs up or down score ends up becoming the movie's score.
  • I sometimes wonder who decides whether a review is positive or negative. I've read some where I would definitely have put a review in the opposite camp, in either direction.
  • Listened to the podcast - great to hear your thoughts vocalized. Do agree with you about the movie for the most part but I do feel the short running time hurt the movie as there was no time for the story or the characters - especially beyond the main three - to breathe and be little more than props.