Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

New King play, "Thin Scenery" in Ploughshares

edited September 2017 in General news

Distinguished writer Stewart O'Nan guest-edits this issue. As O'Nan writes in his introduction, "I want to feel moral confusion, because nothing in this world is simple. As a writer reading, I also admire the precision and audacity of an author's language and use of form. Do it differently or better, or don't do it at all." Featuring new work from Stephen King, Christie Hodgen, Askold Melnyczuk, and Michael Byers, the pieces in this issue cover a wide range of themes and explore inventive narrative structures.

https://muse.jhu.edu/article/665473/pdf

Comments

• edited May 2020
    Is there anywhere to read this complete play?  I've never even heard about this.

The link gives us a glimpse, but nothing else.

I take it Bev you have read the whole thing.  What were your thoughts on this play and any chance we will get the chance to see it or the written works somewhere else soon?
  • Is there anywhere to read this complete play?  I've never even heard about this.

The link gives us a glimpse, but nothing else.

I take it Bev you have read the whole thing.  What were your thoughts on this play and any chance we will get the chance to see it or the written works somewhere else soon?
    Yes, I've read it -- it's an intriguing tale. It'll probably get collected some time.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcat